ratthing
Recently I have been having some problems connecting my desktop Brain client with the cloud service on webbrain.com.

It doesn't happen all the time, but every so often the sync between desktop and cloud takes a very long time.  It usually happens starting in the early afternoon, US Central time.

Today (13 April 2015) it hit me again, so I decided to run some simple traceroutes between various shell accounts I have, and the webbrain.com server.  All of these traceroutes were run on 13 April 2015 between 13:00 and 13:30 US Central time.  I have placed all the results of the traceroutes in the attached text file. 

None of the traceroutes completed.  Of course there are a lot of perfectly good explanations for this which would have nothing to do with poor network performance.  I just thought I would share the results in case it might help the team at webbrain.com determine if there is in fact a network bottleneck somewhere.

mcaton
Ray,

Thanks for sharing!  I'll pass this along to our IT team and developers for their review.  We often have times when multiple people are syncing VERY large Brains at one time and it causes a bit of congestion for others trying to sync.  We're continuing to evolve the sync process and technology to make it a better experience for all.  I appreciate your efforts in assisting and reporting!

Thank you,
Matt 
sandysantra
mcaton wrote: Ray,

We often have times when multiple people are syncing VERY large Brains at one time and it causes a bit of congestion for others trying to sync.  

Hi, Matt. Is this going on today? I'm wondering if it is, because that message "Integrating the changes from the server…" at the top right has been scrolling now for probably a half hour for me; and I'm getting the same behavior even if no brains are open and I'm just looking at the menu for managing Brains (that has a drop-down menu for each brain with choices like "open locally," "open in web browser," "rename," etc.).

I'm running Pro Edition 8.0.1.6 on a Mac running OS X 10.10.3.
Brigitte
We don't seem to have any sync issues. I would appreciate it if you could please try to synchronize your Brain again. If you continue having issues, please email us at support@thebrain.com or call us at 310-751-5000 and we will further assist you.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software