ibsteve
Hi Harlan,

It is now over 1 hour and the conversion has not completed. I do not remember how many thoughts I have but I do not believe it is a tremendous amount. I am on os 10.4.11 - free version. The brain is running on a thumb drive.

Thanks,
Steve
mcaton
Steve,

Is this on the new 4.3.0.2?  This latest build should speed up conversion time for you.

Thanks,
Matt
ibsteve
Matt,

Yes it is. I finally , after 2.5 hr, had to force quit.

Steve
Harlan
Steve, what version were you converting from?

There is a bug on the OS X version that prevents the status window from showing the progress. We'll fix this for the next version so you will be able to see what is happening as it goes. Thanks for posting.
Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Hi Harlan,

I just reproduced this again and after 3 hr. had to do a force quit.

Thanks,
Steve
punkmonksf
Converting from 4.2.1.8 to 4.3.0.2

Now sitting at over 4 hours on the conversion. Wondering if I should got to bed and wait until morning or force quit because something is wrong.

The output.log is showing no activity at all.

Harlan

The next release of 4.3 will correct this issue so that you will be able to see what is happening during the conversion under OS X. Just a few more days hopefully.

Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Hi Harlan,

There is still a problem converting the db in 4.3.0.3 on the Mac. It appears it is hanging on "Processing [Entries, id]. Row 1. 0 recovered....."

Since hitting this there has been no movement for 20 min.

Regards,
Steve
Harlan
You can resolve this by updating to Java 6. Please see the message at the top of the Mac OS forums.. We are working on a solution to this problem for Java 5 also. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software