tcahill
OK, this is seriously off topic in any forum, but I thought someone might find this interesting.

I was looking for something else on an archive drive and I found an old PB install. This was the version that hooked me, and it still works great!

Does anybody else have other contributions to the virtual PB museum?
Click image for larger version - Name: pb1.73.png, Views: 461, Size: 34.01 KB
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
Spacenexus
Hi Timothy

Here's my ol' collection, same version wowed me too; any one else have other version's hovering round there? If any PB lovers want a copy of the set for nostalgia just let me know, happy to email them.

cheers

Jim
Click image for larger version - Name: Brain_Museum....jpg, Views: 450, Size: 27.59 KB
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus
By the way, does anyone still have version 1.5 or earlier kicking around?

cheers

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
sombat1987
Spacenexus and tcahill

I still have Natrificial version 1.02 of sep/1998
Alive and kicking! Works perfectly on my Windows 7 64bit (in compatibility mode of course)

Been using the Brain for 14 years !!! 
Always been hooked.  Been busy for few years, did not check for new versions lately. 
Got back to it just now! Wow, what a change - gettin' better all the time! 
BIG Question though: Can I still use my old *.brn files? (Or convert them somehow?)

If all the energy, the time and money ever spent on religion, had been spent on improving the human condition, the world would be a far better place to live in. (R. Dawkins)
mbaas
Sombat, V7 is able to open .brn-files!
sombat1987
Thnx baas
 I did notice that the old *.brn files are not affected when opening them with v7!  
My mistake - I wasn't clear: 
I meant: If there were things in the latest v7 which didn't jive for me, would I still have been able to use my *.brn files with an older version. 
I didn't want to try re-installing any of my old Brain versions (1.02 - 3.xx - 4 etc) for fear of messing up my newly installed version 7. 
However, this won't be necessary anyway because I find v7 completely to my liking.
I don't think I would ever want to revert...
If all the energy, the time and money ever spent on religion, had been spent on improving the human condition, the world would be a far better place to live in. (R. Dawkins)
Spacenexus
Hey Sombat, glad to hear you're still getting longevity from PB! Once you open the brn file in v7, it becomes backwardly incompatible with earlier versions. Your original brn files should still remain as a copy though.

Why not post your classic v1.02 installer file as an attachment to this thread!

Thanks

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
sombat1987
Hi Jim,

You really mean the original exe file from 1998? (Not just the splash screen.) 
Can  [...] 
Oops! windows 7 shut me down inadvertently, all by it's own self, for updates...
Never had that  happen b4... 
Been mucking around with services and autostarts for playing good ol SimCity 4...
fps went from 5 to 11!

Can do - won't give ya my license though... 
It's still got the original date 6/9/1998
Pls advize.

Sombat 
Spacenexus
You don't need to post the licence (we all have our own). Just the installer file if you still possess it, otherwise no worries!

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
sombat1987
Here it is then Brain 1998 - Glad to be able to submit an old gem. 
This is a real software collectors item...
Spacenexus
Great!
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
sombat1987
My pleasure!
Anytime.
tcahill
sombat1987 wrote: Spacenexus and tcahill

I still have Natrificial version 1.02 of sep/1998

That is some awesome zipfile, sombat. Thanks! For some reason, I think I recall a 0.9x series. Is this right? Am I thinking of something else?
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software