Harlan
We have created a new site for giving feedback on PersonalBrain:

http://thebrain.uservoice.com

This will it easy to see what's most important to the PersonalBrain community. It includes the ability to quickly see what others have suggested as well as vote and comment on ideas.

Hopefully this will make contributing ideas more fun and rewarding for all.

To get us started, most of the suggestions made on this forum have already been copied over, but feel free to add new ones of course!

See you there!
Regards,
-Harlan
Mandox
Hi Harlan,
I just took a look at the new feedback forum. This rocks! A really great way to collect user input. I just can't wait to see how the suggestions will move forward
Respect!
/edit: I have just seen two suggestions that are tagged as "completed". Would you please explain what exactly this means? Maybe the PB team could leave a comment on the planned and completed entries so everybody knows what to expect.
jostber
I used up my votes pretty quickly. So then I have to use the forum?
TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

jostber
What does the terms "Started" and "Accepted" at the uservoice site mean?

jostber
jostber wrote: I used up my votes pretty quickly. So then I have to use the forum?

We might need to get some more votes, or it will be mostly the suggestions that were entered first when we had many votes that get the most total of votes.

Harlan
The status of a suggestion indicates what is being done about it. "Planned" means we are planning on doing it at some point in the future. "Started" means that we are currently working on it. "Completed" means it's already done... Etcetera.

Once something you have voted for gets "completed" or "rejected", you get those votes back.

The whole point of the feedback site is that you can't vote for everything, just like we can't do everything. The only way we get valuable feedback in terms of priorities is if you have to choose what you vote for carefully. If there's something you really want to vote for and you're out of votes, you have to "unvote" for something so you can use those votes somewhere else.

Regards,
-Harlan
HanBav
Great idea to put restrictions of normal life to a "todo" list.
But as with others, my votes were used up very soon - even long before I had read all the list :-)
Interesting question would be, what number of votes per user would give the most valuable picture for you.
My feeling is that some more votes (maybe 20) would allow to "mark" a more realistic fraction of all proposals. In other words: For now you maybe see only a very small cutout of the picture.
But I will try to support this ranking - even if life is hard :-)

... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
jostber
Will the amount of votes for a request be a guideline for what the brain team works on for implementation in PB, or will plans be guided by other things?

And what is the difference between categories Top and Hot? I would like a Comments tab to, to see all new comments from members.

Harlan
Yes, the number of votes will be a factor. Development plans are determined based on user feedback (of which the feedback site is a big part, plus there are the forums, email, phone calls, etcetera) and our vision for the product.

For example, in version 5, many features are a result of user feedback (saving expanded views, search improvements), others are things we came up with ourselves (outline view, presentation mode), while some are a combination of the two (import formats, tags).

Please keep in mind that the other consideration of what gets developed is always the level of difficult of doing a given feature is. It's a case of judging the best "bang for your buck"...

In the feedback site, the "top" list shows what request have the most votes overall, while the "hot" list shows what has recently been getting the most votes recently. This site is not developed by us, it was created by the company UserVoice. So, we can't take requests for changes to it... But you can make suggestions to the developers of this tool at http://uservoice.uservoice.com/
Regards,
-Harlan
NorthFarm
Any chance of a "Not a chance!" status?

Any suggestions that for some reason (performance issue, not what TB wants with the product or for some other reason) does not have a chance to get implemented should be closed in some manner, so that we are not using our votes on something that will never be.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)
HanBav
good idea and what is more for me:
not use my time for adding comments or dreaming of a white christmas

... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
Harlan
Things that are not going to be considered because they are impossible or extremely unlikely will be declined. However, this hasn't been done very often since sometimes unexpected requests get lots of votes.

That said, don't give up on an idea just because it's not done within a few months of your suggestion. Please remember, many things take weeks, months, or even years of work to do and every developer here already has a (long) list of things already in the queue. Most of the time if something gets done quickly, it's because we were already working on it long before it was suggested.
Regards,
-Harlan
tcahill
Harlan wrote: Things that are not going to be considered because they are impossible or extremely unlikely will be declined.

I can second that. Thumbs up if one of your suggestions has been declined:

I like to think that if one hasn't been declined, one is just not being creative enough.
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
jostber
There are very few Accepted ideas per now. Does this mean that only these are being worked on, or does the Brain team also work on other ideas from users at PB Uservoice?

jostber
It would be nice if there was a Comments view, showing all the most recent comments added to the ideas.

It would also be nice if all my ideas were move to the accepted tab.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software