Dusty
I'm using the latest version: 7.0.0.7-b, but .0.6 was identical. When I press OK on the Google Calendar Settings window, nothing happens.

Version 6 syncs immediately.
Moe
Thanks for reporting this. I will follow up with our engineers on this one.

Thanks,
Moe
AdamL
This appears to still be an issue for me with version 7.0.1.1-b

A
mcaton
Adam,

Thank you for posting.  Yes, I have confirmed that this is still an open issue that is under review by our engineers.

Thank you,
Matt
AdamL
Any progress on this?  Sadly, I did exactly what I shouldnt and put production data in the beta brain.  Can I downgrade the brain to 6?  I think I read that isnt possible.  Is there any sort of export for calendar data that I could then import to another calendar?

Thanks
A
pthompson
Adam,

Our engineers are still looking into the issue at this time. Google Calendar sync does, however, work in PersonalBrain 6. If you already purchased and registered PersonalBrain 6, you can simply open your brain in PB6 and use Google Calendar sync from there. Everything that is synced in PersonalBrain 6 will carry over to TheBrain 7 beta if you choose to go back, but you will have to always sync in v6 until we are able to resolve the issue in v7 beta.

TheBrain 7 is backwards compatible, however once you open a Brain in version 7, some features will be incompatible with earlier versions. Be sure to make a backup copy of your Brain prior to opening it with version 7.  If you would like to roll back to version 6, you will lose any link notes and/or link attachments that were created in version 7. Also, after you reinstall version 6, you will need to rebuild your instant activation index by clicking on the File menu, click Utilities and select Refresh Instant Activation Index.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
zoner
I don't think you will loose notes on links, but they will not show up in version 6. Once you go back to version 7, you should be able to see your link notes once again.
DesertAbba
the old problem is still with us in 7.0.2.4 Beta (linux Ubuntu 11.10), i.e. Google Calendar won't sync; everything simply stops when I enter email address and PW and hit 'enter'
mcaton
Thanks Ronald for reporting this issue as still open.  I've confirmed with our engineers that the issue is still under review.

Thank you,
Matt
bmac

I assume my issue is related to the above:

When I fill in the dialog box with my Google e-mail address and password and click okay, nothing happens.

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
mcaton
Bmac,

That's it.  Same issue.

Thank you,
Matt
DesertAbba
just installed 7.0.2.8 and HOORAY Google calendar sync now works great!! Way to go, development team!
pthompson
Ronald,

Thank you for posting. Yes, I am pretty excited about this too. Google Calendar sync does, in fact, work again in TheBrain 7. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Regards,
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
JAz
I'm running 7.0.3.0 on Win 7 Pro SP1 (J1.6.0_29)
This is a new/clean install.  When I try any Google calendar sync I just get errors about invalid username and/or password.  I tried with 3 different google accounts and I know the passwords were right..

Add'l info:  I looked into the TheBrain7Preferences.xml file and the two googleAccount tags were empty. I tried shutting down the brain and inputting my login info manually.  When I do that, reopen the app and click sync calendar in the file menu I get no indication of anything at all.  No error, no failure.  Just nothing.
So I'm not 100% sure it's the same error as above but it does sound like it.
If I restore the xml file as it was, then I get prompted for user/pass and I get the error.  If I populate the xml with just the username, the user/pass dialog pops up with the username (gmail email) already populated.  When I enter a password and hit enter I get the same error message about invalid user/pass.

It was indicated that this was fixed in 7.0.2.8 but I'm on 7.0.3.0 and still seeing it.  Any fix or thoughts?

Thanks,
J.

larryearl
I am having a problem with google sync.  It works fine if I create a new brain.  But my large, one brain only syncs from google, not to google.  I have tried merging this brain into the new one I created, but then the same problem.  There must be some corruption in my old brain.  Anyone know how to fix?

Larry

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software