Xvarnah

Vesion : TheBrain 9.0.234.0

Hello,

Today it is no lnger possibe to synchronize brains between Desktop and Cloud.

2017-12-04_not synchronzed.jpg 

It is also impossible to connect my Desktop version to my Cloud account.

2017-12-04_On the cloud.jpg 
Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

CaptainJustice
I'm on .234 / Windows 10
Not having the same sync issue, but my desktop has been stuck on sync'ing for well over 1/2 hour. Looks like this:
TB9 sync issue.png 
Cloud indicator is still active. There were few changes. Five Word files were edited and a couple of notes added.
The "Test thought" on desktop had edits to the Notes.

I exited the Desktop version and re-started. Auto sync did not start. Started it manually. That led to this perpetual sync again.
Additional note: I hibernated the computer this morning, moved to a new location, started up and TB9 had an error. Report out of TB was sent.

On my Android version I added one photo to "Test thought" and modified the note to it. No indication that it has sync'd to the desktop.
--
The Cap'n
CaptainJustice
My Android version is also showing the same "Server progress: 100% / Finished export" status now.
Android changes are not showing up on Desktop, nor vice-versa.
--
The Cap'n
bmac
This happened to me as well, but after closing and restarting TB9, the issue has stopped - at least for now.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7
CaptainJustice
CaptainJustice wrote:
My Android version is also showing the same "Server progress: 100% / Finished export" status now.
Android changes are not showing up on Desktop, nor vice-versa.

After many attempts on both desktop and android, one change on android ended up on desktop. None of the desktop changes have yet made it to Android.
--
The Cap'n
mcaton
Yves,

Let's start with the screenshot that you posted in the first thread.  This indicates to me one of a few different possibilities - most likely that TheBrain cannot locate your Brain databases.  Have you recently moved them from where the application is looking (Preferences > System Tab > Storage)?  Would you like to schedule a web meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) and we can take a closer look together?  

Cap - have you completely closed the Android app and re-opened - then attempted to make changes?

Thank you,
Matt Caton
Xvarnah

Thank you for you useful answer and caring offer, Matt.

Yes, I had changed the "Brains" folder (as I still use TheBrain 8 Pro as well, I wanted to create a "TheBrain 9" folder similar to my "TheBrain 8" folder, not realizing that the folders of the versions 8 and 9 were differently organized).

Thus, I recreated a new "Brains" folder for the database and a "TheBrain 9" folder for my achives. Then, I deleted my desktop as well as my cloud brains and reloaded them (using my archived files), synchronizing them again with the cloud. Everything works well now on my desktop, cloud and android versions. [thumb]

mcaton
A great update!  Thanks Xvarnah.

Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software