LSelock
In 4.0.6.4 using normal view it's no longer possible to drag the active thought up the screen.  When it doesn't have any parents this is particularly annoying, because the top half of the screen is blank.  I think it started in 4.0.6.0 when we got the new distant thoughts, but it might have been earlier.

It's almost like the expanded view preference to automatically recenter is stuck to true and being used in normal view, but I turned it off and it had no effect on normal view.  I even exited and restarted with it off hoping that would clear it, but still no joy.

If this was a design decision, I would certainly vote against it, because I spend much more time in normal view than expanded view.  Could we please get the old behavior back or at least have a preference setting.  I have no problem with everything else in normal view ignoring any attempts to move things around, but the active thought should be the exception.

Thanks.

Spacenexus
Haven't noticed that behaviour myself with 4064. Able to move active thought up and down normally. The usual first step is to confirm you have the latest version of java. Check your memory utilisation and perhaps reinstall.

cheers

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
LSelock
In normal view I can drag parents, children, and jump thoughts, but the active thought refuses to budge.  I note that even though nothing appears to change, dragging the active thought (actually just the pointer since the thought refuses to move) all the way to the top edge pins it, which indicates that dragging is sort of working.

Jim are you running Windows?

This is what I'm running:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
java version "1.6.0_01"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_01-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_01-b06, mixed mode, sharing)
Help About confirms that PB is using J-1.6.0_01

Maybe it's a Windows XP feature, because it behaves the same on two different computers -- this notebook and an XP Media Center. On this notebook I totally un-installed PB4 and then re-installed 4064.  The other machine was a PB4 virgin.

I even went as far back as 4.0.5.0 and see the same behavior.  Unfortunately, I've deleted installers prior to that, so I can't say when it stopped working.

When I was un-installing I noticed that Windows said that I had PB 4.0.3.1, which I think must have been the first PB4 I ever installed.  It still ran the 4064 un-install, and all the files went away as expected.  After the re-install Windows still says I have 4.0.3.1, but 4064 runs so I perhaps the installer needs a little attention.

I'm open to further suggestions.

LSelock
Ha!

I was never able to grab the active thought and drag it to the top.  The trick is to click an empty space in the plex and drag the entire workspace up.

I guess I should be using this thing more often.  Then maybe I wouldn't forget features from one session to the next.

Spacenexus
Aha  !!!

Now we're rockin'

cheers

Jim

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software