antonv
Hi, If the viewed page on safari is a pdf file, and selecting TheBrain when sharing, nothing is sent to the Inbox.

Try it with this link: 
http://garage.physics.iastate.edu/astro250/WudkaGR-7.pdf

Also many applications show that whatever is viewed in the application can be shared with the brain, but alas it does not work. Here a screenshot from GoodReader -- Most Frustrating!

Image-1.png 
zenrain
+1
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
andreas
+1
mcaton
Confirmed.  I'll document for further review.

Thank you,
Matt
nordak

Perhaps I’ve missed something...where is the Inbox after sharing from iOS 11.1?
iOS, Desktop?  
I’ve been desperately waiting for this feature...via iOS apps, email, integrations.

I see something a bit different than antonv...see screenshot.  The “Add to TB” option is only available on the bottom row of the share dialogue (n/a on top row), and has slightly different text. 

When I share something it briefly says “Adding to Inbox’...then ‘Item successful added’.  Same for PDF, web page, photos, etc.  

But I see no evidence of an Inbox -added attachments or thoughts in an open brain in iOS or desktop TB 9.0.230.  Sounds promising though.  

Suggestions where to find the items I’ve shared to my TB 9 inbox?  

++1 if it’s not implemented yet. 

3E31DB24-EB9F-448F-9452-11C06CC549B9.jpeg 
zenrain
Activate the thought you wish to add the URL to. If you want to add the url to a new thought you will have to create it. 

Then click the paper clip button. This will take you to the attachment screen. There will be a button that looks like a box with an arrow pointing into it. It should have a red badge with the number of items sent to the inbox. Click that. 
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
nordak
zenrain wrote:
There will be a button that looks like a box with an arrow pointing into it. It should have a red badge with the number of items sent to the inbox. Click that. 

Thanks Alex - this works, they were all there.  I just haven't used iOS for editing brains, which is probably obvious from my post.  iOS is useful to look up something quickly in a Brain, but for me, not editing....it'll be nice when drag n drop is implemented.  

I have a different paradigm in mind for the Inbox - that it'd be available on the desktop too.  And, conversely, items could be placed in my Inbox from the desktop - as a holding bucket for subsequent processing, or, if desired for processing, within iOS.   Independent of a Brain being open. 
frankvanexter
In TheBrain 8 there was a URL Scheme (brain://app/api/inbox?url=[URL]&title=[Title]) to execute this kind of stuff. It should be nice if your engineerd are restoring this handy function for TheBrain 9.
advisors
Why don't I see the "Copy to TheBrain" or "Copy to TheBrain" ?

(Yes, I've checked if it's just not activated, it doesn't appear in the app list)

/Update
Latest TB9 on ios 10.2 and/or 11.0.1
zenrain
The function should be in the bottom row of the share sheet, not the top.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
advisors
Found it !

B813D591-7A51-43A2-BE9B-EBE4472695BB.png 

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software