Dryopithecus
PB 4.0.9.0 Pro with Indexing Libraries
Java 1.6.0 (J-1.6.0_02)
Window Vista 32-bit

(sorry for my English)

Honestly, I'm quite worry about the reliability of the notes, and the following is one of the reasons.

This morning, I created 2 thoughts: "A" and "B".
(GUID of A = 20765614-6E0D-C7F6-DAEF-A088A1378A6C)

Then I pasted 2 images to A's note (these 2 images were copied from OneNote)

Few minutes later, I cut these 2 images from A's note to B's note.

Click image for larger version - Name: 1.gif, Views: 173, Size: 9.53 KB Click image for larger version - Name: 2.gif, Views: 173, Size: 26.05 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: 3.gif, Views: 173, Size: 27.08 KB Click image for larger version - Name: 4.png, Views: 173, Size: 41.59 KB
Dryopithecus
Seems every time I paste an image to a note, the image will be firstly stored in the temp folder, then, when I activate another thought or press Ctrl+S to save the note, PB will COPY the image from the temp folder to a corresponding "PersonalBrain Notes" folder.

hmm, seems the issue I described above was caused because PB accidentally deleted  those 2 images from thought A's "PersonalBrain Notes" folder, after I cut them from A's note to B's note.

I'm curious, when does PB decide to delete an image located in "PersonalBrain Notes" folder? I guess PB may sometimes made wrong decisions.

Regards, Yang
Dryopithecus
hmm, there must be a lot of grammar mistakes in my posts, sorry for the inconvenient.
Dryopithecus
Oh, not good... I found another two affected images. And this time, I completely lost them, I did a full disk search for these 2 images, but found nothing.

I remember about several weeks ago, I cut these 2 images from OneNote, and pasted them to a  PB note, then, maybe few days later, I cut these 2 images to another note. At the time, the images seemed fine.

But now, when I went back to that note, I saw this: Click image for larger version - Name: note.png, Views: 235, Size: 11.18 KB
Harlan
Thanks for posting. The problem you describe sounds like it is being caused by cutting and pasting images from one note to another. We'll look into this.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
I believe we have fixed this problem in version 4111. Sorry for the lost images and thanks for posting.
Regards,
-Harlan
Dryopithecus
Harlan wrote:
I believe we have fixed this problem in version 4111. Sorry for the lost images and thanks for posting.

Thanks Harlan!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software