vmilhoan
I had an issue with the text of a note being deleted after a TB crash. I had copied a couple of lines from an Outlook message to the clipboard and used Ctrl-V to paste into TB. TB crashed and I selected to restart. When it restarted, the note text was empty.

I do have a backup program (Syncplicity). I do not have the tool syncing the database file (.db) per our previous conversations but it is backing up everything else in the folder. I was able to recover the note text by recovering from the Syncplicity tool.

Who can I send over the output.log file to? I don't want to post here as there might be some customer names I don't want to make public. It does have some details around an unhandled exception.

Thanks,
Vicki
mcaton
Vicki,

Thank you for posting.  Glad to hear that you were able to recover your content!  We'd be happy to review the logs to see what went wrong.  You can upload the file to our secure file sharing site at http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain . Be sure to reference this forum thread (8447751) in the Notes area.

Thanks again and we'll keep an eye out for the log,
Matt
Harlan
Vicki,

Is this a correct summary of what happened?
  • Text exists inside of notes
  • Go to Outlook and copy something
  • Go back to TB and attempt to paste
  • Crash and restart
  • Notes from step 1 have disappeared
Please confirm or let us know if this is inaccurate in any way. Is it possible that you deleted the notes at some point prior to attempting the paste operation?
Regards,
-Harlan
vmilhoan
Hi Harlan,

I uploaded the logfile into Hightail. Your summary is correct. The notes were not deleted ahead of time - I was looking at the text while doing Ctrl-V to paste.

Thanks,
Vicki
mcaton
Thank you Vicki. File received and under review.

Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software