rustyedges
I mentioned this within my long post about notes editor issues - but wanted to start a thread just for this as seems worse on latest releases.

Was annoying and really unproductive to begin with, but now I've discovered that have lost notes because they were actually captured into the wrong notes editor (that were then either deleted or a thought had been deleted to begin with but the notes editor was stuck on that even though navigated to another thought)

I've created a screen video showing this behaviour with a simple test brain but am unable to upload here.  Where can I send that too?
pthompson
Rusty,

You should be able to attach the video as a file attachment. Alternatively, you can upload it to YouTube and paste the link here. If neither of those options work for you, you can always send any files you want to share with us to support@thebrain.com
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
rustyedges
Says unsupported file type.  I've shared a OneDrive link...

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar28W2oKhmyrhfUZQ0OcCZUT_b1fEA
pthompson
Thanks for the video. I remember this being an issue a long time ago. Are you using the latest Alpha Build? 9.0.192? Does this also happen in other Brains? Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
andreas
Patrick, I had the same problem, runnin 192. One long note I was working on was all of a sudden attached to another thought. There was this transition period where I could change thoughts and the note would stay put, like in the video above.
Cheers, Andreas 
rustyedges
9.0.192 on Windows 10
happens in all brains, seemingly more so in larger brains with more content.

I did make one discovery when playing with this over and over - it seems to happen almost always if make an edit to notes and then try navigating without "activating" the plex (e.g. touch another thought name on touchscreen, keyboard shortcut for a pinned thought, etc) and almost never if you first click/touch into the plex area and then click a thought.
pthompson
Thanks for the additional information. We'll continue to test on our end.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
metta
Still having the issue on my end, as well, when testing TB9 (current alpha build) with Win7 on desktop and notebook.

Problem seems to disappear in some builds and then reappears again in others -- and, to be honest, this recurring issue is one of several that has prevented me from migrating into TB9.

I use the notes very heavily, and can't afford to risk losing data this way.
Harlan
Thanks for your posts. We have replicated this issue and it is fixed in the next build.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
Wonderful news! Thanks so much for the update, Harlan -- and the fix!

Looking forward to giving the next build a test run.
metta
FYI, I recently installed V9 (200) on my Win 7 desktop and notebook computers, and the notes seemed to behave as they should -- until today, when the "stuck note" problem occurred again today.

I noticed the problem under the following circumstances:
  • Created a new thought in my notebook installation. This new thought included text in the note along with a relatively small image attached to the thought and embedded in the note.
  • Synced notebook installation
  • Synced desktop installation
  • Navigated to the new thought in my desktop installation and discovered:
  • -- the correct image was attached to the new thought
  • -- the text in the note was from an adjacent thought, not the newly added note.
mcaton
Metta,

Thank you for pointing this out! I'll document and try to replicate.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Metta,

No luck replicating yet, but I'll keep testing.  Are you syncing Mac to Mac, Windows to Windows, etc?  And can you confirm that the original Notebook has both the text and image on the same note?

Thanks,
Matt
metta
I am syncing Windows to Windows.

The original notebook installation DID have both the text and the attached/embedded image on the SAME note.

I also ran into the same problem this evening (with a "stuck" note) in my desktop installation (also Win 7). However, tonight I was able to "unstick" the note by randomly changing the active thought a few times....Nonetheless, it did take a bit of fiddling to accomplish.
mcaton
Metta,

Thanks again for the detailed update.  This does sound suspiciously like the original issue that we assumed to be resolved.  I'll spend some more time testing this functionality to try and replicate.

Thanks!
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software