tomcal123
When I type in the search box, the header says, "Thought and Link Names and Labels" and searches only those items.  It does not search notes.  Am I missing something?

Windows 10, Brain Version .192
pthompson
I am not sure what you mean by "the header". What language settings are you using for TheBrain and your system. We have someone else with a similar issue that is using Russian as their system's main language so it could be related to that if you are using a different language other than English. Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.
tomcal123
Patrick,

My language settings are English.  When I say header, I mean the top of the search results box.

The Brain Search Box.jpg 

Thanks,
Tom 
pthompson
Tom,

Thanks for the additional info. Where do you have your Brains saved? The default location? Have you tested any other Brains? Can you share the Brain you are having trouble with?
tomcal123
Patrick, 

My brains are saved in my documents folder.  Not sure if that is the default location.  I made a small test brain and attached it.  Here are the results of searching it.  Searching for the "Three" (a word in one of the notes) does not show any results.  Searching for "One" results in finding the thought but no notes are searched.

Hopefully, this helps.  If not, please let me know what other info I can provide.

Thanks,
Tom

[image]  Searching for a note - no results.jpg  Searching Thought Names.jpg 
pthompson
Tom,

You are searching for One, but that is not related to any Note as far as I can see. You typed Three into one your notes, which, as expected returns results:

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 11.40.05 AM.png
tomcal123
Patrick,

That's the difference.  On my end, when I search Three, nothing shows up.  No matter what I search for in any of my Brains, I don't see the "Notes and Attachments" line showing up under the search box.  Only "Thought and Link Names and Labels"

Could it be the location that I am saving to?  If so, where should my brains be located?

Tom
pthompson
Tom,

Sorry, I missed that you also tried searching for Three. Documents is the default location so that shouldn't be the issue. Can you navigate to your Documents/Brains folder and try searching for Three or Four? Do you see any notes.html returned as a result?
tomcal123
Patrick,

Yes, all notes in all Brains with the word "Three" showed up when I searched "Three" in Windows.

Does that help?

Tom
pthompson
Tom,

Unfortunately, it doesn't help me diagnose the issue to provide a solution (sorry) but the information does help. I will consult with our engineers on this and get back to you as soon as possible.
Lunieth
Hi Patrick

I thought I would give this a go, as I seem to remember having the same issue.

In your post above for the search, it shows as "Notes and Attachments" - I do not see this, only the "Thought and Link Names and Labels"
Is there a way to configure what is being searched? - I could not see this anywhere.

Jon

I am using the latest build on Alpha (192.0)
On Windows 10
pthompson
So, I was able to replicate no Notes results showing on my Windows 10 machine (it is working fine for me on macOS). I will go ahead and document this as an issue. Thanks everyone.
mcaton
We're actively testing a fix for this issue and should have it available to all very soon.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
Fix is in 9.0.195.
Regards,
-Harlan
Lunieth
Working fine for me now.
Thanks

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software