Jerryseadog
iOS with TB9 9.0.2.0. When notes written against a thought, they are not remembered unless a sync is performed with the note still visible. 
Harlan
Thanks for posting... That shouldn't be the case. Can you please test again and see if you can reproduce the problem? From your description, it sound like you are using an iPad. Please confirm.

If you do manage to reproduce the problem, please let us know if you are starting on an empty note or one with existing content.

Finally, when you say "they are not remembered", do you mean that they don't show on the thought where you entered them when you go back to it on the same device?
Regards,
-Harlan
Jerryseadog
Hi Harlan,

this is is an iPad problem and it may be internet speed related. Here's what happened:

Situation 1 - poor internet speed

a) created thought A

b) created note for that thought. Hid keyboard, note still there

c) selected different thought B

d) went back to thought A - note had disappeared. 

e) Note never re-appeared

situation 2 - better internet speed

Repeated steps a) thru c) and this time when I went back to thought A, the note was still there. 

I have taken screenshots at each step, but the internet is so slow that it would take an age to upload them! I can send them later if that would be of any help.

I thought that syncing as soon as a note was created would solve the problem and it sometimes works, but on three consecutive occasions it did nothing and the notes were lost forever. 

If if it is internet speed related you probably won't be able to reproduce the fault unless you visit me in deepest Wales. 

Any thoughts? 
Harlan
Thanks for posting this description. I'm not sure it is related to your internet speed. We will investigate the notes system on iPad and see if we can find the problem. In the meantime, you might refrain from writing long notes on your iPad until we have a better idea of the cause.
Regards,
-Harlan
Jerryseadog
Thanks Harlan. Quite glad you thinks is NOT internet speed related, as it would be good to be able to use TB9 offline and sync when back in internet range. 
Harlan
We have found a way to reproduce the issue. It seems only to happen on a thought that does not yet have any note. The first time you try to add a not via iPad, it will disappear and not be saved. If you try again it will work. There does not appear to be a problem when editing an existing note. We hope to get a fix out soon. 
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
The build up today (9.0.3.2) fixes this issue.
Regards,
-Harlan
Jerryseadog
Just added a lot of notes on iPad (9.0.3.2) - seems to be working well - thanks, Harlan.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software