speaker
Is there a way to add a note or attachment on a link between two thoughts. I know that you can add a short label, but cannot find a way to do this. I'd like to describe the contextual relationship between the thoughts and capture documents, links etc. that are associated with the relationship.
speaker
How are people capturing contextual information related to the linkage between thoughts? Are there any best practices that one could share given that PB4 does not seem to have this capability? What I'm trying to do here is probably best illustrated by a short example:

Let's say I am studying accounting and finance and I'm learning about Stock Buybacks and I happen to read an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about Home Depot and Expedia and their stock buyback plans. I have a Wall Street Journal thought and a Stock Buyback thought and currently I have a link between the two. What I'd like to do is capture an attachment or note ON the link that reminds me that on June 21st the WSJ discussed this on page C1, and maybe an attachment to the text.

Thanks,

Sal

tcahill
"Is there a way to add a note or attachment on a link between two thoughts"

the context of links has been discussed without clear resolution, you can review some of it here:link to discussion. It seems that the comma technique will preserve some context. I look forward to any observations you have..
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
Harlan
Hi Sal,

Adding full notes and attachments to links is something that we have planned for and laid the foundation for in the current release, however it's not yet possible. You can either use the link labels to add information (but only text) or you can create an intermediate thought to store it in the meantime.

Regards,
-Harlan
speaker
Harlan,
Fantastic! I'll use the comma technique and intermediate thoughts till then.

Sal

danparman
Harlan wrote: Hi Sal,

Adding full notes and attachments to links is something that we have planned for and laid the foundation for in the current release, however it's not yet possible. You can either use the link labels to add information (but only text) or you can create an intermediate thought to store it in the meantime.

danparman
I am a new user to the Brain. I am using it primarily for coaching executives on their relationships. It seems like having the ability to add notes to links between thoughts(in my case people) would be essential. Am i missing something?
Thanks for your help.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software