Kriggel23
As I wrote on May 14:

Quote: The Notes editor of TB8 offers the function "File > Set Date Format".

"My" date format is "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm" (without quotes).
So, on "Insert > Insert Date and Time", I get e.g. "2016-05-14 09:40".

TB9 offers "Insert Date/Time" via a button (or shortcut).
But, the date/time format seems to be that from user OS user settings? And there's yet no way to set/change it for the TB9 notes editor?

If so, could you please add the functionality to set the date format in TB9, for the notes editor as well?

Any news about that?

Kriggel23

pthompson
It's still an open issue and being worked on.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
russnh
I use a similar date format to Kriggel23, seconded please! :-)
Kriggel23
It's still an open issue and being worked on?

[wink]

Kriggel23
Harlan
Sorry, it is in the queue, however there are other things with higher priority.
Regards,
-Harlan
Visnet
I am using TB9 now routinely as my main version. I am starting to miss a possibilty to change the date format here. When I press the button I am getting "vrijdag 9 december 2016 11:56:14" which I find irrelavant. I want to be able to set this to "9-12-2016 11:56" which is way easier for me to determine the age. At this point I am no longer using this and have to type it all by hand (and watch the clock...) 
Is it possible to pull this issue up a few steps in the queue? 

Thanks,

Wim
mcaton
Thanks Wim - it's been flagged as a priority item.

Matt
Kriggel23
Any news about that?

Kriggel23
pthompson
Christian,

It's still an open issue. No update. It should be noted in the release notes posted by Harlan for each new version once it is fixed.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
Kriggel23
Patrick,

thank you for you explanation.
I'm used to check the release notes whether there's an issue solved of those appr. 50 issues I stumbled accross ...

My intention was more to give a reminder. This tiny, little option is an open issue for appr. eleven months, and I would really appreciate if this small thing could be fixed, now...

Christian
Kriggel23
Just checked the release notes of .172. #2906? Nada!

I suppose, it's still an open priority item without (high) priority ...?

Christian
zenrain
I know this has been mentioned before, but you can use a macro program to substitute today's date. The benefits are it's not tied to only being used in specific software (in this case TheBrain), and you can format the dates differently depending on what you type. 
F.ex I use Keyboard Maestro (this can also be done in TextExpander, and a bunch of other different programs) and when I type:
idate = 2017-04-26
wdate = Apr 26, 2017
sdate = 4/26/17
ldate = Wed, Apr 26, 2017 9:46

I also use add, and subtract functions to give me yesterday etc. 

This isn't to say it's not a good request, and I would totally use it (well actually I'd set it and forget...), but there are better options and this seems like a high priority for you, so it might be worth the investment to look at other solutions. [smile]
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.222
Kriggel23
It's still an open issue.
metta
I'll be looking forward to this date formatting option, too, since I use the very simplest format of all:
> 10.13.17

Thanks to TB staff for acknowledging and working on this request.
mcaton
The "set date format" feature request is actually #2568 - still open.

Thank you,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software