zenrain
When I copy a note with an image from one brain to a second (different brain) the image appears in both databases on that machine. 

However, when I synchronize the brain and view the notes on a second machine which doesn't have the original database the note was copied from, the image will not appear. 

This is because the note still refers to the image file located in the original database. When copying notes with images, both the text and the image should be copied into the new database so it can be viewed on a mobile device or machine without both databases installed.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
zenrain
Workaround until issue is resolved: Delete the image from the notes in the new location.

On they original brain, click the + button to add an attachment, then click Open Folder (or use keyboard shortcut if you've assigned one). Go into the Notes subfolder and locate the original image.
Copy the image to desktop so it exists in both locations (not sure if this is required but did it to be safe).
Copy the new image from the desktop and paste into note in new database. Browse to a different thought and back (I always do this to make sure the file is copied, again may not be necessary. Now both notes will have their own image and you can delete the image on your desktop. 

Takes a lot longer to write down than actually do. [smile]
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
mcaton
Thanks for posting Zen.  Setting up a test for this now and will document.

Matt
mcaton
Zen,

How was the original image pasted into your Note?

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
It was originally text and an image copied from a web site.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
mcaton
Thanks Zen,

Seeing this now, even when staying on the same machine and copying and pasting a Thought (with Note graphics) from one Brain to another.  Documented.

Matt
Harlan
In my testing, this is no longer replicable using 9.0.204. Alex, if you could verify, that'd be appreciated.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Confirmed, seems to be working correctly now in 9.0.204.

Thanks!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
Harlan
Excellent. Thanks. 
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software