CaptainJustice
This doesn't tell me much.  TB9 info area.png 
I "think" this means that the server has finished its export and the desktop should be pulling in the changes, but I can't tell if it is exporting although prior to this msg I think it has run through all of the sync processes I would expect. This does not say that syncing is finished. Cloud icon is still active and I can see changes in the output.log file if I do anything in the desktop. However, syncing is not actually occurring as I can make an entry on desktop and 15+ minutes later it still does not show on web.

Restarting desktop and "boom" it's on the web. 

This start of the desktop was at 16:18. Icon active. Log is static and I wonder what these entries mean:

2017-12-13 17:02:31.9445 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [218] SaveNotes - Notes Editor is not ready.
2017-12-13 17:02:31.9445 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [218] SaveNotes - Notes Editor is not ready.
2017-12-13 17:02:33.4006 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [397] Loading notes for null - True True True
2017-12-13 17:02:33.4688 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [315] AttachmentSource will be set to null
2017-12-13 17:02:33.5229 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [397] Loading notes for null - True True True
2017-12-13 17:02:33.8208 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [336] AttachmentSource set to null notesEditorWebView.IsEditorReady True
2017-12-13 17:02:33.8764 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [315] AttachmentSource will be set to Dr. Robert Josey
2017-12-13 17:02:33.9527 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [397] Loading notes for Dr. Robert Josey - True True True
2017-12-13 17:02:34.3543 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.NotesContentController | [336] AttachmentSource set to Dr. Robert Josey notesEditorWebView.IsEditorReady True

---------------- looks like TB has finished and is just sitting there. cloud icon is active ----------
and the notification area is stuck on "finished export"

If I exit TB now, is that a problem? It's now 17:06. All times UTC.

BTW, Android version does the same thing. Sits on "Finished Export" for long time. ONCE, I have seen it change to "Sync Complete" (maybe "finished" -- can't recal). 

Need more info on what is happening.
--
The Cap'n
zenrain
Unrelated, but you might look at using icons on Tag Thoughts:

Tags.png 

[smile]
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.239
CaptainJustice
zenrain wrote:
Unrelated, but you might look at using icons on Tag Thoughts:

Tags.png 

[smile]

Indeed! Messing with more important things presently. [thumb]
--
The Cap'n
metta
Any updates on this info request?

I, too, would like to know how we can verify, with certainty, that a sync has been completed, since I've had unexpected experiences of syncing and downloading occurring even:
-- (1) when the small triangle says "Up to Date" and
-- (2) after the sync message says "Sync Completed".
mcaton
Cap,

You certainly should be seeing the notification area display a "Sync completed"  The first screenshot you posted indicates that the sync is still working. If it is stalling on this phase for an extraordinarily long time - please post or send in your Output.log file (accessed by clicking on Help > Open Log Directory in TheBrain) and we'll take a closer look.

Thank you,
Matt
CaptainJustice
mcaton wrote:
Cap,

You certainly should be seeing the notification area display a "Sync completed"  The first screenshot you posted indicates that the sync is still working. If it is stalling on this phase for an extraordinarily long time - please post or send in your Output.log file (accessed by clicking on Help > Open Log Directory in TheBrain) and we'll take a closer look.

Thank you,
Matt

Emailed you a log.
I have never seen "Sync completed" in the message area. If it flashes by, it does not remain. When the sync is done, the message area is clear. No lingering message. I understand that the screenshot above show sync continuing.
--
The Cap'n

Add a Website Forum to your website.