Botanize
I posted this a while back, and got no replies.  I'm having an ongoing problem with the spell check in that it frequently doesn't remember words from one 'session' to another (i.e., if I close The Brain and re-open the program, the spell check no longer recognizes the words that I've added).  It also seems to need to have the same words added when they are in a different thought (i.e., if I add a word in one thought, it doesn't recognize the same word in a different thought).  I've used The Brain on three different computers (all of which were running Windows XP). 

I use a program to backup files to a portable drive, and I noticed the other day that if I opened the Brain and run spell check (and make no other modifications), a number of files are created and others are deleted (see image below).   Are these cfs files related to the spell check, and could this be at the root of the problem?

thanks for any help,

Nur

agnor
Hi Nur,

I'm not seeing your image--you'll have to upload your picture somewhere online first before you add it into the post.  Right now, it's trying to load it from your hard drive

src="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/___USERNAME___/My%20Documents/back_ups/brain_issues.jpg"

If you want to email it to me, I can put it up online somewhere for you if you don't have webspace or know how to get it up there.

mcaton
Nur,

First off - looks like you image didn't show up.  Would you mind re-posting that?

Also, I did some quick tests here and I haven't been able to replicate the issue in the latest 4.2 release.  I'll check with the latest 4.1. 

Which version are you running?

Thanks,
Matt
Botanize
Hello,

Thanks for the help, and sorry with the problem with the image.  I've posted it online at: http://www.botanize.com/brained.html

Nur
Botanize
Also, I forgot to respond to your question: I'm running version 4.1.3.2.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software