vmilhoan
I have a brain tab open and have the timeline, reports area, and notes section located where I want them. However, when I open a new brain tab, it opens with a different format. Is there a way to have it keep its settings from the original tab?
zenrain
I believe several requests for similar items have already been made (font size, tab width), but I think timeline state and report state is new. 

Anyway, + 1. [smile]
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
mcaton
Victoria,

Correct, the Timeline and Report settings are unique to the current Brain instance you have open. I'll document this as a feature request.

For clarification, do you only want to see the same panes open if you open the same BRAIN in a different tab - or ANY Brain in another tab?

Matt
vmilhoan
I'd be very happy with just a per-brain setting. I can see that others would want the same across Brains, but I would likely have a different setting per brain.
gbolzan
I agree, having settings for each brain could be very useful. For instance, the option "update displayed content on hover" is convenient for some brains and inconvinient for others. I have sometimes to change that option each time I open either brain.

Gerardo
Kriggel23
+ the settings shall be persistent, want to say: on close / reopen of a brain the visual settings should be the same, and shall not - like today - reset to default (vertical layout, left half: plex, right top quarter: notes, right bottom quarter: attachments as list).

Btw: I do not yet have identified when it happens, but at some point the width of notes / attachments list is reset to 50:50. My personal preference is appr. 75:25.

Christian
Cerebrum
Here's a related topic: Tab Names.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software