vicanto

Moe
vicanto, thanks for posting. Do you receive an error message when you try to open a Thought folder? Perhaps you don't have your file browser set. Try the following procedure to set your file browser to nautilus.

1. Close PersonalBrain if Open.

2. Open a folder on your system using nautilus, go to Edit > Preferences, under the view tab check "Show hidden and backup files".

3. Open your home folder then locate the hidden directory ".PersonalBrain".

In the ".PersonalBrain" folder delete the file called "TheBrain5Preferences.bak" if  
    it exists. Next edit the file called "TheBrain5Preferences.xml" using a text editor.  
    Modify the tag <LinuxFileBrowser> to point to nautilus.

For example

<LinuxFileBrowser>/home/vader< /LinuxFileBrowser>

To

<LinuxFileBrowser>/usr/bin/nautilus</LinuxFileBrowser>

4. Save TheBrain5Preferences.xml file then restart PB and retry opening a Thought folder.

Best regards,
Moe

vicanto
I had made moe instructions.

When I try to open folder appear pb 5.5 message
"enter the command to use to browse file folders. this command will be saved and used again next time. select preferences from the Options menu to change it". See .png attached.

If I click cancel (annulla) or ok... folder do not open

Ater ... if I reopen xml file, the line (before saved - see attachment)
    <LinuxFileBrowser>/usr/bin/nautilus</LinuxFileBrowser>

is  now only  (see attachment)
  <LinuxFileBrowser>

the line suggested and inserted and saved, was automatically rewritten.

Click image for larger version - Name: enter_the_command_to_use_to_browse_file_folders.png, Views: 236, Size: 103.88 KB
Moe
vicanto, Thanks for the post. I will contact you in order to walk you through the process of setting this option.

Best regards,
Moe

vicanto
Thank Moe
problem solved changing privileges to root superuser.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software