BSTD
Hi,
this is just a basic howto question. I got rid of WinXP this week and started into Xubuntu without having much of a clue of UNIX systems.
TB asks for a command when I try to open an attachment (LibreOffice document, in this case) as well as when I click on "open thought folder."
I understand TB wants to know what program to open the document/folder with. I tried some things, but all failed. In addition, after trying to point to Dolphin to open the folder, now nothing happens...

Can you help?

Ben
BSTD
... this looks pretty much like the issues discussed here: http://forums.thebrain.com/post/launching-attachments-1701556 -- a thread 3-4 years old.

But the solutions found at the time do not work in my environment. A look into DefaultUnixCommands.properties did not reveal anything, the filetypes I am trying to open are there and are connected to programs installed on my machine.

TB 8.0.0.7
Xubuntu 13.10
jostber
You have to close TB and then edit the DefaultUnixProperties.file. Also check for similar entries that might clutter things up.
TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

BSTD
Thanks jostber,
I tried but it had no effect.
I am thinking... is it possible to not correctly install TB and yet it runs?
Ben

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software