Rus
Hello,

Is there a way to force the centering of the Plex vertically? I succeeded to integrate my webbrain as a navigation plex in a web site, but the home thought always is to high up, not leveled with the dark horizon in the center.
Would love to know if and how I can repair this?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Rus
Rus
Seems finding the solution is one step too far.
So maybe another question first: dioes anyone recognise this problem, or are most webbrains automaticly centered OK?
Moe
Hi Rus, Can you please post a screen shot.

Thanks,
Moe
Rus
Hello Moe,

This is a typical example: http://www.uilenkamer.nl/BrainTest/index.html

At the risc of being too much a perfectionist: I would like to be the actual thought right in the middle of the dark blue area. Now it is always too high up. Small stuff, compared to what it took me to realise this, but still, appearance is everything ;-)

Rus
Just wonder.... I thought I read a very nice & extensive answer about lay-out stuff. Now it seems to be removed from this thread. Had not time to respond earlier, but pitty it is gone. Removed?

What I remember was that acoording to design rules the ideal height is always a bit above the middels. In my case because the window is a complete square in this case I would like to really center the main thought in line with the dark blue 'horizon'. With a rectangualer window I guess it would be different indeed.
Rus
@ Moe
You asked for a example. Did you get a chance to look at it and do have an idea/suggestion about this ptoblem? Would still very much like to know if (and how) I can really center the home thought in a webbrain plex.
Moe
Hi Rus,

Unfortunately, there is no setting to automatically center the current active thought in the Webbrain Plex. You can center it manually using your mouse. Please put in a feature request on our Uservoice page for the functionality you are requesting.

Thanks,
Moe
Rus
Good tip. Just did it. Hope the idea will get some support.

Gr. Rus
fjgrijalva
I have wondered about this centering issue as well. Need automatic centering.

Regards,
Fernando
PB 6.0.7.9 Pro - Win 7 Pro
J-1.7.0
25,000+ Thoughts; 155,000+ Links
user since 2000
jorgwata
I'd like automatic centering too. It is improductive to center plex using mouse, dozens of times a day.
Brigitte
Thank you for your feedback. The vast majority of people like to have more room at the bottom of the active Thought. Most people have more child Thoughts than parent Thoughts, therefore more room is available for the child section. However, I will let our engineers know. 

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Rus
Fun to see that a topic that I started almost four years ago is still alive ;-( 
I regret to say that my own problem is no longer existing.
Because of an update I lost everything I did: it is no longer possible anymore to open web pages attached to a thought in a separate frame :-(
pthompson
Rus,

I am not sure what you mean here. Can you post an example screenshot or perhaps we can meet to go over this?
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
Rus
Hi Patrick,

Here is screencap of what was once a very nice project: http://www.uilenkamer.nl/BrainTest/ScreenCap-1.jpg

The main things I corresponded about with Matt Caton years ago were:
- automaticly open a html web page that is attached to a thought
- open it in a separate location (frame) that can be positioned exactly as I want.
  (in the cap it is left of the plex, but now with mobile use it would have to be responsive and be able to relocate to below the plex...)

I once was possible, so I started to build a site based on this idea. (The capture was more or less the opening page)
After some months work an update of Personal Brain rendered the whole thing obsolete: the features were gone.
First it seemed this was only temporary (see my discussion with Matt) but in the end I gave up.
I lost loads of time and a very nice concept :-(

It's still in the back of my mind to see if it could be re-activated, so if we could arrange a meet: let me know !
pthompson
Rus,

I'm not really seeing any issue outlined in your screenshot. Can you please explain what I should be seeing here? Thanks.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software