Sigma
I tried PB a while back but I only had a game and a few MP3s in bootcamp so it didn't go anywhere. On a whim I checked back and found the OSX version. I'm trying to sort through it enough to get a decent run before my trial runs out and I'm finding it difficult.
While a rough size change is easy enough I'm finding the actual display to be awkward: If PB decides it needs 2 columns it makes them, regardless of text size, the size of the window at the bottom or if I moved the view up a bit. Plus it puts them all the way on opposite sides of the widescreen. Is there something that can be done about this or is fixed like that? (Same goes for the center-justified list with horizontal scrolling.)
I like the look and concept but I added a few things quick so I'd have some population to play with and scanning the dozen videos in my list gives me a headache.
Thanks.
Harlan
Hello Sigma,

PersonalBrain's interface is designed to automatically reorient itself and fill all the available space. If you don't want thing spread apart, you can simply resize the window. Alternatively, you may want to try the expanded view (Options > View > Expanded). This view lays out thoughts using a different algorithm. Note there are many options for the expanded view that can be set in Preferences.
Regards,
-Harlan
Sigma
Thanks, maybe it's a bug, but it's not filling the space. Look at the amount of empty space below...
Maybe the layout just doesn't reflect my own personal brain. Click image for larger version - Name: PBspacing.jpg, Views: 90, Size: 162.14 KB
Harlan
No, that's not a bug... What I meant was that the columns resize with use all the available width. (Notice that there are two columns, each of which take up half of the horizontal space.)

The vertical space used is determined by the number of items you have in the display. You can move the display up and down by clicking and dragging on the background area. Also, note that you can resize the text by dragging the circle behind the active thought or by using the mouse wheel/trackball.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software