GRSaunders
I just installed TheBrain 7 (7.0.3.0) win7 64bit

I immediately noticed that drag and drop of Outlook 2010 32-bit is not working.  I tried all variations of drag & drop...CTRL+drag, CTRL+SHIFT+drag, and of course the regular drag...

I am running Java 6 update 31

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
grs
mdlynam
Same problem on my end, too.
Spacenexus
Already noted that the 64bit build wont work with 32bit office.

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
GRSaunders
Thanks.

Can someone from the company comment as to if this is the final word on this?

If so, I will have to revert back to PB 6 and need to know how long it will be supported?

Sadly I'll have to find a new tool or process since tight outlook integration is critical to me and I'm unable to go back to a 32 it operating system.

Please say it is not so!

Thanks
pthompson
George,

As Alex has mentioned, if you have the 64-bit version of TheBrain 7, this will not work with the 32-bit version of Outlook. Due to product quality issues, TheBrain 7 (64-bit) for Windows has been temporarily removed from the download page until further testing can be performed.

If you head over to our main Download Page, you can grab the 32-bit Brain 7 installer. This version will work with Outlook 32-bit.

Regards,
hherbzilla
I just encountered the same issue trying to drag & drop an attachment into Lotus Notes. For now, a workaround is to click the icon "Open the folder for this Thought" and then perform action from there. 
Herb
GRSaunders
pthompson,

I completely uninstalled the 64-bit version of PB and re-installed the 32-bit (only one posted now) and the problem is still happening...

nothing can be dragged from Outlook 32-bit.

Is this a known issue now with PB 32-bit?
hherbzilla
I should have clarified: I'm having a similar issue with the 32-bit version of PB (and dragging from PB to Lotus Notes). Interestingly, I am able to drag a file from PB to the Desktop.
Herb
GRSaunders
Anything from TheBrain staff on this...

again, I reverted to TB 32-bit and Office 32-bit on a Win 7 64-bit PC...

Can't drag and drop from Outlook.

Thanks.
jbennett
George, 

Please open task manager and ensure that you are not running the 64bit versions of TheBrain 7 and Outlook.  You will see *32 next to the process if you are running the 32bit versions.

James
mdlynam

Hi folks...

I'm confirming the same problem.  Both applications are *32.  Unable to drag & drop. 

The computer's drive gets active for a few seconds after dropping from Outlook, but nothing happens in TB7. 

mdlynam

Solution to Drag & Drop (for my situation, anyway)

My Outlook has a few add-ins going on (MindManager 2012, Context, X1, etc.)

When I saw that the redemption.dll that Outlook was calling on was for MindManager, I got to thinking (a dangerous past time, I know).

I added the redemption.dll found in The Brain\bin\ directory.

Voila. Drag and drop from Outlook is now working as expected.

Hope this may be helpful to others.

GRSaunders
jbennett wrote:
George,  Please open task manager and ensure that you are not running the 64bit versions of TheBrain 7 and Outlook.  You will see *32 next to the process if you are running the 32bit versions. James

Yes, both processes are followed by *32.
jbennett
George, 

Did you experience this issue with TheBrain 7.0.2.9? We released several updates in 7.0.3.0 and are attempting to determine if one of these is the cause. Please try installing it using the following link: http://www.thebrain.com/products/personalbrain/download/. Let us know if this resolves your issue.

-James
PaddyVA

Quote:

Solution to Drag & Drop (for my situation, anyway)

My Outlook has a few add-ins going on (MindManager 2012, Context, X1, etc.)

When I saw that the redemption.dll that Outlook was calling on was for MindManager, I got to thinking (a dangerous past time, I know).

I added the redemption.dll found in The Brain\bin\ directory.

Voila. Drag and drop from Outlook is now working as expected.

Hope this may be helpful to others.

I think you may have hit on it!  I have the problem and two add-ins in my Outlook.  Where did you add the Brain redemption.dll to in Outlook?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software