Minduke
Hi, 

I'm using the beta version w/ Outlook 2010 but for some reason, I cannot pull over anything from Outlook into my plex.  I keep getting a message saying: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run MS Outlook and set it as the default mail client."  I have checked, unchecked and re-checked the default client radio button in Outlook but still no luck.  I'm using TheBrain and Outlook at work so it may be a permissioning issue but I'm hoping that its just a setting or preference that I'm overlooking? 

Thanks! 
Moe
Minduke, Thank you for posting. Are you using Outlook 2010 32 or 64 bit? 

Thanks,
Moe
Minduke
Hi Moe, 

Thanks as always for such a fast response.  I'm using 64 bit (version 14.0.6106.5005). 
Moe
OK, thanks for letting me know. Here is the bad news , drag and drop is not supported from Outlook 64. Here is the good news , it is supported from Outlook 32.

Thanks,
Moe
Minduke
Hah, unfortunately the good news doesn't outweigh the bad news for me but ah well.  Guess I'll have to do ye ole cut/paste action into my thoughts. 

Thanks again for the info. 
Spacenexus

Minduke

I installed the 64bit version of MSOffice and then downgraded to 32bit when discovering the Brain compatibility issue. Was well worth the effort for the seamless syncing.

Jim

TB8021 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 66
IE10 32bit Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Primary Access Win10Pro
64bit Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 Narrowpuddle
Brain user since zygote
Minduke

Thanks Jim.  I had considered dropping down to the 32bit and I do have admin rights but without a license I'm not sure how to convert?

bmac
Uninstall the 64 bit version and install the 32 bit version.  Your product key is valid for either version.

There is no reason in using the 64 bit version unless you are working with extremely large (>2 GB) excel spreadsheets.  Even MSFT recommends you stay away from the 64 bit version.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
zoner
To understand more thoroughly the benefits of running 32 bit office on 64 bit version of Windows, I recommend reading this technet article
HanBav
In release notes of 
Version 7.0.3.0 – Release Candidate March 20, 2012
I found:
o Fixed: Drag and drop from the 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook does not always work

But trying with 7.0.3.7 there is no reaction when dropping an email to plex. In former times there used to be an error message.

So what is the status of this feature now?
... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
pthompson
Hannes,

If you are using Outlook 64-bit and the default installer (32-bit) from: http://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/download, drag & drop will not work correctly. 

We do have a 64-bit installer available, which can be requested by visiting http://support.thebrain.com and submitting a ticket. Please be aware, however, that 64-bit APIs are less stable.

Reagards,
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
HanBav
Thank you.

What are known issues of the 64-bit Version of TheBrain?

I really hate to install a new office and have to redo all settings, specific in Outlook. Or does anybody have a smooth way to go down to 32-bit Office?
... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
mcaton
Drag and Drop from Outlook is the main 64 bit issue in TheBrain.  But we're working on a solution.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software