Adathome
Brainexample, import .owl files from the internet in PB.

.owl files, see:
http://swoogle.umbc.edu/index.php

With the new outline view in PB gives a very good result. (only for the OWL class objects..)
Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 8 - Java 1.8.0-05 - TB 7.0.4.5)
rohit
hello,

I am not able to import wine.owl file infact i am not able to import any file file.. before importing any file first we need to create a brain with some name as a parent right. So i created a brain with name consumable After this i am going into file menu and going to import -> import owl file -> wine.owl
nothing is happening????
I strongly feel wat i am doing is wrong please help me....I have a pizza owl file provided by protege. i need to import that into brain how to do it?????

Adathome

rohit wrote: hello,
So i created a brain with name consumable After this i am going into file menu and going to import -> import owl file -> wine.owl
nothing is happening????

After the owl import use the report function, select "all" and click on the refresh button, normally you will see all the thoughts you have imported from the owl file, these thoughts are not connected with the active thought, the owl structure is not (always) a closed network-structure so you have to make some additional links between your active thought and the imported owl structures or make some pin-thoughts. 

See below, the pizza.owl file with personal brain and Protege.

See attached zip files; the pizza.owl file and the PersonalBrain file with the imported pizza.owl

Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 8 - Java 1.8.0-05 - TB 7.0.4.5)
rohit
hello thank you....i really appreciate your help, now i am able to import the owl file and could see the hierarchial relations.
BUT the sad part is the scalablity of the my file with PB. My owl file has nearly 400 or even much more number of nodes and when i choose expand all option the screen is  like this( i have attached the ontology.jpg file).
I wonder if there is a way to make things visable.

Adathome

rohit wrote: BUT the sad part is the scalability of the my file with PB. My owl file has nearly 400 or even much more number of nodes and when i choose expand all option the screen is  like this( i have attached the ontology.jpg file).
I wonder if there is a way to make things visible.

Use the normal view and the outline view.

See example Geographical (Gellish) brain with 1800 thoughts and 5000 links in expanded, normal and outline view.  

Put your imported owl file as a brainzip on this forum and we can take a look at it.

rohit
 Here i am attaching my owl file. Let me give u a brief intro to my project. This is a computing science ontology where we are designing an ontological structure for all the domains present in the filed of computer sciences.

I have one more question: we actually an Owl file(type of XML) from protege.
I have a situation here, I am trying to integrate this owl file onto Dspace for our digital library but i not able to do that because of compatability problems.Currently a xml file say A.xml running with some kind tags. my owl file have different kind of tags. What i am thinking is to convert my Owl file in a compatable xml file which has tags same as A.xml can u tell me how can i do this converstion. or is there any other way to replace A.xml with my owl file.

Adathome

Rohit,

I think you need organize your brain a Little bit more using thought-types with a color for hierarchical trees with thoughts of the same class.

Use some link-types for the relationships between thoughts
<is a specialization of>, < is a part of> etc..

What do you think of the graphic below?

rohit

I got your suggestion...ill look into it, i hve one more question how did u open different in a single brain like say
computer graphics, computer network systems, ocmputer hardware organization all of them individually in a single single, how did u do that????

Your graphic is good....nice work..

you didnt give any suggestion for my 2nd question..??? how to convert owl to xml..???
Adathome
First answer to your second question, look at:
http://www.altova.com/products/mapforce/data_mapping.html
http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/

Attachments
- screen-video answer on your last question
- PB zip file cool v1.0 with tought-types and five thoughts converted in tags!

FransJehoul
good morning Adahome,

I suppose that OWL import (like mindmap)  gives structure but no content (a pity)

Regards,

Frans
Adathome
What dou you mean with content?
Do you have a OWL example file with content
FransJehoul

Ad,

I imported mindmaps and although the freemind mindmap containted text and images (= content) they where not imported. Mindmaps from Mindmanager mindmaps the content was partial imported, external links where broken (of course).

I have not enough experience with OWL so i wandered if they have content (text, images, etc). The reason that i asked this is that importing large OWL and mindmaps is useless if you hunt for knowledge. The only reason than for import is to set up a structure in a brain and than populate it thought by thought.

Another problem:
  • Is the owl-file or mindmap representative?
  • Is it complete
  • Are terms business/world - compliant?
  • Relationships?

Regards,

Frans

Adathome
FransJehoul wrote:
I have not enough experience with OWL so i wandered if they have content (text, images, etc).
The reason that i asked this is that importing large OWL and mindmaps is useless if you hunt for knowledge.
The only reason than for import is to set up a structure in a brain and than populate it thought by thought.
?

Frans,

OWL is about structure, see owl guide: http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/
OWL abstract
The World Wide Web as it is currently constituted resembles a poorly mapped geography.
Our insight into the documents and capabilities available are based on keyword searches,
abetted by clever use of document connectivity and usage patterns.
The sheer mass of this data is unmanageable without powerful tool support.
In order to map this terrain more precisely,
computational agents require machine-readable descriptions of the content and capabilities of Web accessible resources.
These descriptions must be in addition to the human-readable versions of that information.

The OWL Web Ontology Language is intended to provide a language that can be used to describe the classes and relations (LINKS)
between them that are inherent in Web documents and applications. 

This document demonstrates the use of the OWL language to a domain by defining classes and properties of those classes,
define individuals and assert properties about them, and reason about these classes and individuals to the degree permitted by the formal semantics of the OWL language.
FransJehoul wrote:
Another problem:
       Is the owl-file or mindmap representative?

• Is it complete
  • Are terms business/world - compliant?
  • Relationships?

No, the PB OWL-XML transformation is not complete, only the owl Classes hierarchy (142 see example below) is included.
    The Object Properties, Data Properties and Individuals (220) are not included! 
  • see OWL-HTML example "wine.owl" http://home.planet.nl/~adathome/owl%20ontology/  with:

• Classes
    • Object Properties (link-types; hasBody, hasColor, hasFlavor, .....) 
    • Data Properties
    • Individuals 

Import the "wine.owl" file (see post Nov 16, 2008) in PB and find out yourself what is missing.

In this example only 40% (142/362) of the owl file information is imported in PB.

Link-types are missing, Link-types is not yet the strongest feature in PB, you need to put the link-types between thoughts by yourself thought by thought by thought...............

The import function, OWL-PB XML and MM-PB XML transformation need some more attention of the PB-team it is not yet professional / PB Pro edition worthy.

Adathome
    FransJehoul wrote: Another problem:
    • Is it complete
    Frans, for PB xsl transformation files see directory; ../PersonalBrain/res/import/
    owl.xsl

You can see the transformation is limited, only owl:Class --> Thought
    OWL Objectproperty, DatatypeProperty and Individuals are not included in this owl transformation. 
    wine.owl example

Freemind.xsl

siva
    I have similar problem which Rohit earlier had, I have imported the OWL file, went to reports and selected ALL and did the refresh. But I am not able to see any nodes or links or anything. But  can search the terms. When I click a term only that particular term appears in the display pane. No relations, no tags, no terms. 

I would really appreciate if I could get some information on this.

Regards,
    Siva.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software