vmilhoan
There are a couple of enhancements I'd like to recommend to the notes area of TB9:

First, I would like to be able to turn off the spacing of paragraphs. Sometimes I take notes and have carriage returns in between lines, but don't want those lines to be separated by a lot of space. As an example:

=====start
a little bit of this topic<cr>
a little bit more<cr>
another related snippet<cr>

now a new topic<cr>
a little bit more on this one<cr>
something else<cr>
=====end

Secondly, I would like to be able to adjust the default size of the notes area. Currently, the default shows text that is very large and I manually adjust down.

mcaton

Victoria,

Have you tried using a Shift+Enter for a single spaced return? In our efforts to streamline the Notes area, we've removed many of the buttons that can be accomplished with common keystrokes.  I will, however, document your requests to set defaults for these features.

Thank you,
Matt

vmilhoan
Great - I was not aware of the Shift+Enter option. This works. I appreciate you taking these down as default requests.
Cerebrum
mcaton wrote: In our efforts to streamline the Notes area, we've removed many of the buttons that can be accomplished with common keystrokes.]Which button do you use to not add another line? [confused]

Shift+Enter is available but it's not necessary when composing an email, or when using MS Word or Outlook or OneNote, or Notepad or Evernote, or any other text editor that I've used.
And, it's not how it works when composing a response in this forum.

mcaton

Cerebrum,

I was referring to a "Line and Paragraph" button such as the one in Word [smile]

True, here in the forums pressing enter will result in a single space.
Shift+Enter will result in a double space.

Word seems to be the opposite of that (by default).  Double space for Enter and single space for Shift+Enter.

Creating an option for setting the Notes default (if implemented) would resolve the issue by giving you what you prefer.

Thanks,
Matt

metta
Definitely +1 for setting the notes defaults and having more control over line and paragraph formatting -- including the option to eliminate the HUGE line space formatting above and below the horizontal rule.

Because I use the notes intensively for large amounts of data, I want to be able to maximize the amount of text visible in the note, and reduce the total amount of extraneous white space.
metta
For those who are interested, more details are provided HERE (scroll to middle of second page) about:
-- the limitations of the Shift+Enter spacing option, and
-- my preference for having more control over the paragraph formatting in the Custom Notes style.

Seems like the logical place to include NO default paragraph spacing at least as an option, if not as the default in the main notes editor.
muganga
metta wrote: For those who are interested, more details are provided HERE (scroll to middle of second page) about:
-- the limitations of the Shift+Enter spacing option, and
-- my preference for having more control over the paragraph formatting in the Custom Notes style.

Seems like the logical place to include NO default paragraph spacing at least as an option, if not as the default in the main notes editor.

I am in total agreement and have posted in the other thread you linked to in "HERE".
lunatrix
Yes I am also hoping for a very simple notes area (at least as an optional default). I would like it if we could set our default in preferences (eg. plain text vs rich text notes?) and then override on a per-thought basis if we happened to have one that needed lots of colourful typography.
(Maybe not completely PLAIN text, but an option with very basic formatting options)
mcaton
Than you Helen. the basic formatting feature request has been documented.

Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software