LuizAlfredo
I'm using Paste Outline in TheBrain 9 v.226 Desktop-Beta, and it only paste the topics as child topics (only one level).

This is the Outline:

Controls (window/page/report)
  Common
    17 documents
  Control template
    5 documents
  Controls
    96 categories
  Drop-down menus
    2 categories
  Group of controls
    3 documents
  Input and display masks
    7 documents
  Page
    5 categories, 12 documents
  Plane
    2 documents

Using TheBrain 8 it creates the child "Controls (window/page/report" and the sub-topic "Common" and "17 documents" as child of "Common".

I had to use another tool for this work (KnowledgeBaseBuilder), but i think that TheBrain 9 has more searching capabilities. Do not want to use TheBrain 8 for this (the notes have some limitations that TheBrain 9 do not have).

Thanks in advance for any help.
L.A.G.M.
Harlan
Just tried using your text and it worked without issue. Please make sure you have actual TAB characters and not spaces copied into the clipboard when you paste.

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 5.35.34 AM.png 
Regards,
-Harlan
LuizAlfredo
I think I have some spaces and also the Tabs. Will try and give a feedback. Thanks Harlan.
L.A.G.M.
LuizAlfredo
I have tested using the outline only with tabs and still not working. But the same outline works in TheBrain 8. I'm using the TheBrain 9 Free Edition v.226, on Win10. Here is the outline:

Controls (window/page/report)
  Common
   17 documents
  Control template
   5 documents
  Controls
   96 categories
  Drop-down menus
   2 categories
  Group of controls
   3 documents
  Input and display masks
   7 documents
  Page
   5 categories, 12 documents
  Plane
   2 documents

Thanks.
L.A.G.M.
LuizAlfredo
Here are the results:
TheBrain8-2017-11-10_10-25-09.jpg  TheBrain9-2017-11-10_10-21-46.jpg 
L.A.G.M.
shatcher
Hi Luiz,

I just tested with the text you posted, and got the same results. However when I pasted it into a text editor, and made sure that each line was "tabbed" in, and not just spaces, pasting as a text outline created the expected structure. I've attached a .txt file with the tabs intact. Please try copying the text from it and pasting as text outline.

Cheers, Sean
LuizAlfredo
Pasted your text and it worked. I will see. Thanks.
L.A.G.M.
LuizAlfredo
Something could be done for treating this. 
L.A.G.M.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software