Shiiko Show full post »
jostber
Scheevel wrote:
Jump Link Inheritance - an option for children to inherit jump links from the parent(s)
External Hyperlinking to Thoughts - the ability to create a hyperlink for each thought.  The hyperlink would (open the brain and/or) navigate directly to the target thought.

PB is an awesome application!  Thank you for your continued improvements!

Inheritance is a great concept that could be even more explored, and hopefully implemented in the brain.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
tfadams
How about an option to add a check box to a thought? Then add a Report for Thoughts that contain check boxes and you could then use PB as a ToDo management system in addition to a holding area for all your thoughts, ideas and research.
Searcher

tfadams wrote:
How about an option to add a check box to a thought? Then add a Report for Thoughts that contain check boxes and you could then use PB as a ToDo management system in addition to a holding area for all your thoughts, ideas and research.

You might try this:  Create a Thought Type called ToDo (and set color to bright red to make it stand out) and assign that to your thought.  A report on ToDo shows 'em all, just like you want.  After you've completed the task you could can change the type to something more appropriate.  Seems to work for me...

Ed

JEL

Hello!  It's been a while and though I recently upgraded and bought the latest PB version, I'm still no closer to using it regularly due to a dream I have of having a semantic desktop via Personal Brain (thus blocking my attempts to reorganize all my folders into a PB world in wait of the dream). 

The new version does allow me to "hid" the PB GUI (background) and have my brain float atop my Windows 7 desktop, but my dream for Christmas 2011 or 2012 would be to no longer think in terms of "apps" to open "windows" to do my work, but to have a master brain desktop where I float from topic to topic, and while I'm in a topic be able to open the app I need to perform a task.  Has anyone used or seen the Deepa Mehta semantic desktop , NEPOMUK (Social Semantic Desktop)/KBE SC or Gnowsis' Refinder (CLUUG) in action?  Santa, what I'd like is the innovation of these projects merged with the PB GUI and simplicity.  Hmmm...possible by 2011/2012?

And just so as not to waste my money (I think I actually purchased the latest PB version just because I hate not being in the loop and to support the company, so they'll eventual make PB or another product reach my dream), I'm going to participate in the Webinar today on FOCUS via PB.  I REALLY want to organize or rather reorganize how I work on a PC as a mindmap.  Say a prayer!

Cornan
Thanks for posting again to this thread - this increases my little corral of navigation tools.  Clearly a "significant" number of people are struggling to produce similar tools, though only a tiny percentage of the computer using population is seeking to use them.

One of the early tenets of complexity theory that I read about (before the field accessible to laymen became fractalized with ... fractals) suggested to me that in and of itself "more" will likely mean "more complex".

To make people's lives simpler you must replace something with something better, not merely add to a person's toolkit.  (Microsoft typically moves away from this kind of concept at superluminal velocities, e.g. "Libraries" in Windows 7 and the vast array of development tools / libraries).

Just as JEL seeks a slightly different approach from PersonalBrain, if I could build a team (and I might very well try), I would also emphasize a somewhat different set of goals than any of the tools I've seen. 

The upcoming Team Brain edges ever so slightly closer to my concept, if it allows selective sharing (i.e. "private" thoughts verus "Team" thoughts).

Once people can pool their thoughts (selectively), the PersonalBrain developers should move back to the plex for some serious work. 

I find it interesting that JEL actually likes the disembodied PersonalBrain - I haven't found it useful and felt the developers should have done something else (quite a few something elses) first. 

Perhaps transparent, floating apps are a phase we're all going through, like the font explosion 15 years ago or the current developer fascination with animating everything, especially things that don't need it (after all, do users really ask "Can I please wait a little longer for my interface while things fade in and move around?")

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software