JosefBetancourt
Works well.

####  Not!  Will not run in win7.  I get MS C++ runtime Library error.
Correction!!!  Yes, will run if compatibility mode is set via right click on program's link.  Nice.  UAC on win7 is set better so no issues yet.   One issue is that the Java version 1.4.* is very slow, even on a modern 64bit system.

dyslucksia
Nice to hear you got it running, Josef! Version 3 was before I began using it. What features about it attract you? Is there anything in it we should maybe have in 5.5?

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
NorthFarm
Hi.

Just setup an PB 3.03 in WindowsXPMode on my Win7.

2 features that I miss in 5.5 that are present in 3.0 would be:

Spider web pages. This has been discussed elsewhere and it does not seem likely to come back.
Ability to drop links and attachments as child, jump, parent or child of the parent at the time you drag the link or attachment. In PB 5.5 it always gets to be child to the active thought and then you have to move it around afterwards.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software