Spacenexus
Hi

Am trying to open my latest PB3 brain with PB4 but on both computers after checking notes and attachments it grinds to a halt halfway through Creating Thoughts. I notice the memory Used/Free reaches 62MB/0Mb at this point also.

It seems to stop halfway though but not specific to a particular thought.

Wassup doc?  Am now feeling more brainless than usual!

cheers

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus

Any forthcoming assistance on this problem? Have retried several times to open the brain, checked my runtime environment, tried closing background applications, kicked the pc box, etc - still no joy.

@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
wvdb
You might want to post your output.log file and details regarding your system. That might help in getting some useful feedback.
Harlan

Hi Jim,

It sounds like PB is running out of memory while trying to convert your Brain file. Please post the output.log file from your PB program folder and we can see what's going wrong hopefully. How many thoughts are in this particular Brain?

If memory is the problem, you can adjust the maximum memory usage of PB4 as follows:

1. Close PB4

2. Create a text file and put the following content into it:

-Xmx128m

Make sure there is a linefeed (Enter) at the of the text. Save this file and name it PersonalBrain.vmoptions in the PB program folder.

3. Restart PB4 and try your import again.

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
Harlan

Modifying the vmoptions to 128mb worked perfectly.

Thanks

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software