carla_francisco
I deactivated the Panda antivirus before installing as suggested by the installer program, and then I cannot start PB unless I deactivate my antivirus protection. After PB is running, I can restart my antivirus and PB continues running OK.
This is the error log I get if I try to start PB with Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008 automatic protection on:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at com.jniwrapper.win32.system.Kernel32.isUnicode(Kernel32.java:74)
    at com.jniwrapper.win32.FunctionName.<clinit>(FunctionName.java:27)
    at com.jniwrapper.win32.io.FileSystem.<clinit>(FileSystem.java:25)
    at com.thebrain.personal.c.b.b.if(WindowsOSHelper.java:486)
    at com.thebrain.personal.c.a.if(OSHelper.java:380)
    at com.thebrain.personal.e.a.new(PathHelper.java:238)
    at com.thebrain.personal.controller.App.do(App.java:188)
    at com.thebrain.personal.controller.App.isRunningFromRemovable(App.java:172)
    at com.thebrain.personal.f.a.c.else(SerialNumber.java:259)
    at com.thebrain.personal.f.a.c.do(SerialNumber.java:529)
    at com.thebrain.personal.f.a.c.new(SerialNumber.java:557)
    at com.thebrain.personal.f.a.c.for(SerialNumber.java:510)
    at com.thebrain.personal.f.a.c.case(SerialNumber.java:165)
    at com.thebrain.personal.controller.App.main(App.java:265)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.jniwrapper.LibraryNotFoundException: Cannot find JNIWrapper native library (jniwrap.dll) in java.library.path: D:\PersonalBrain;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\PROGRAMAS\FICHEIROS COMUNS\ROXIO SHARED\DLLSHARED;%PIXIEHOME%\BIN;C:\PROGRAMAS\QUICKTIME\QTSYSTEM\;C:\Programas\Panda Security\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008\
    at com.jniwrapper.J.b(SourceFile:51)
    at com.jniwrapper.J.<init>(SourceFile:32)
    at com.jniwrapper.Parameter.<clinit>(SourceFile:22)
    ... 20 more

Is this a Java problem (I'm running Java version 1.6 (build 1.6.0_03-b05) or an antivirus problem? How can I get around it without having to turn off the antivirus protection every time I want to run PB? I'm Running Windows XP Pro
Thanks for any help...

Harlan
Hi Carla,

The error indicates that the DLL file cannot be found. It sounds like your anti-virus software is altering the system paths or preventing the loading of the DLL that is needed.

What is the exact version of the anti-virus you are running? We can try to replicate the problem here, but I am not optimistic that we will be able to resolve it. Perhaps you could contact the anti-virus vendor?

Regards,
-Harlan
carla_francisco
Hi, thanks for offering your help. I'll try to contact Panda Software about this problem, but since you asked, I'm using version 7.00.00 of the Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone could come up with a solution.

Hasn't any Personal Brain user come across this problem before?... Lucky me...

Thank you for your help.

Denbar
I'm having exactly the  same problem,same error message.I'm running Panda  Internet security 2007 (11.00.02)
carla_francisco
I contacted Panda Software a few days ago, explaining the whole situation, but they never even bothered acknowledging my e-mail. I think we're stuck with this issue
Denbar

Denbar
I've also contacted Panda.If they respond to my email I'll post it
carla_francisco
Great. I'll do the same and maybe I'll send them a "reminder"...
carla_francisco
Panda Software just replied to my e-mail. They suggested that I deactivate the protection against unknown threats before starting Personal Brain. It really works, but I already knew that when I figured out that I could simply deactivate the antivirus continuous protection before executing PB and then restart it after PB was already running. This works the same way but it's not as inconvenient... I just wish I could run PB without having to mess with the antivirus protection at all to avoid the possibility of forgetting to turn protection against unknown threats back on... I asked them if there's a way to create some sort of exception for PB, so that it wouldn't be identified as an unknown threat... I'll keep you posted.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software