pshanks
PB 5015,

I'm finding that PB is hanging and unresponsive after it's minimized sometimes. Or just hangs after adding new thoughts.

I've attached a screen shot and output.log.

Thanks,
-- Pat

pshanks
PB V5015

This is what I'm seeing after I minimize PB and after some time I restore it from the task bar and it is totaly unresponsive.

I've attached my output.log

Thanks,
-- Pat

pshanks
Just trying to find what is causing this problem.

I just opened PB and selected Options->Wander let it run. After ~ 30 minutes PB crashes and closes by itself. I've attached the output.log

Opens with  memory around ~40K
After the plex is displayed 112K
Wandering before crashing 291K

Hope that helps,
-- Pat

fjgrijalva
I am having the same problem with memory leak. I upgraded to PB5 from PB4.5 today, and in less than ten minutes the memory indicator stood at 190 MB and also CPU usage jumped from about 10-15% to 50-70%. Then, PB5 became unresponsive and had to kill it. This happened three times within an hour. I had to uninstall and go back to latest V4.5. Please Harlan  and team, solve this memory problem soon.

Regards,

Fernando

Fernando
PB 6.0.7.9 Pro - Win 7 Pro
J-1.7.0
25,000+ Thoughts; 155,000+ Links
user since 2000
Harlan
Thanks for the feedback and information. Unfortunately this problem seems to be prevalent only amongst some users. Obviously this is an important issue and we have been trying to create a scenario which replicates it reliably so we can address it.

Many memory-related problems were due to the system for displaying thought icons and were solved when the icon sub-system was rebuilt. For some other users, memory related issues were solved with the changing of how the Windows registry is accessed. However, these changes seem to leave some issues outstanding, the causes of which we have not yet pinpointed. Please be assured that we are working on resolving them ASAP.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software