agnor
I run 2 monitors and do not use Spaces.  I always keep PB running on the second monitor.  However, I've noticed that PB doesn't remember that I've moved the window over to that location.  Each time I open the program, it defaults back to the main screen.

Not a huge issue overall, but it'd be nice if it would remember its position.

zenrain
This happened a while ago to me. Then I rebooted the Mac and everything was fine again.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
agnor
I thought I had rebooted since then, but I could be wrong.  I'll give it a shot.
agnor
Nope.  Fresh restart didn't help.
zenrain
Dang, sorry. Have you tried dragging it to the second window and maximizing?
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
agnor
Already tried that, too.  It shoved it back over into the main window and *then* maximizes it
zenrain
Yup, mine was doing that exact same behavior, it was really annoying.
I figured the reboot was the fix, but it could have been the moonlight hitting the computer screen while Jupiter was rising...

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jroeterd
In fact that is behaviour that I like. At work I have 2 screen with PB on the second screen. At home I use the laptop without a second screen so I am glad PB is using the main screen because then it is visible.

I have software (freecommander for example) that remembers the position and at home it is not visible because it is presented on the not active second screen. Very annoying.

But PB should remember more from the state it is left in. The tools for example.

Greetings,
Jeroen
Julian2008
Maybe it has something to do with the window position option. Since I changed it to "float" PB remembers the last position (and which screen to use).

BTW: If you really want to get the most out of PB, I'd recommend installing VirtuaWin (http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/). It's a virtual desktop manager, free AND very, very fast and you can switch between desktops by simple shortcuts.
Since I'm working with two screens, I'm enjoying 4 virtual "double screens" thanks to VirtuaWin. Therefore I can use the float option in PB (full screen) since it is always just a keystroke away.

Regards
Julian
Axla
I have had the same issue!!

Incredibly annoying!!

My situation was the second screen was the primary (desk screen), and PB was in the secondary screen (Laptop). Normally I opened PB on the laptop screen, and everything else on the desk screen.

So why is this wrong? 
When I go home PB starts on the laptop screen, PB opens, BUT (BIG BUT!!) the pop-up screen for "Choose file" is on the Desk screen which is not present! 

The end of the story is that I need to go to work, start PB and click the right buttons on the Desk screen!

agnor
Not sure what the secret handshake was, but realized this morning when I started PB that it went to the proper screen.

I'd already followed Zenrain's suggestion and restarted the machine multiple times when I first experienced the issue.

Glad to have it working, but would rather have figured out the cause.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software