Tommy
I have PB 4.1.0.9 installed on my USB key.  When I open it from the computer on which PB is also installed locally, PB on my usb key works fine.  Yesterday I used my friend's laptop (PB has never been installed on it) and tried to launch PB from my usb key, but it was like if it had never been activated.  It looks like the registration settings are not saved locally on the usb key.  Could you please take a look at this issue, so that we could plug a usb key on any computer and use PB without any problem?

Thanks,

Tommy

zenrain
This thread may help.
http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1858484

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Tommy
Thanks for the link.  Harlan said that 4.0.4.7 is supposed to resolve this issue, but I was using 4.1.0.9 and it still occurs.  I know I can find a workaround, but what I would like is just to plug my usb key with PB installed on it, on any computer, without installing or configuring anything, and use PB as if I were using my main computer...

Regards,

Tommy

Harlan
First, I'd recommend downloading the latest version of PB. Next, your USB key needs to be recognized as Removable Media and not a Local Disk. This is determined by the type of hardware you are using. When you look via My Computer at the drive, if it says "removable", then the registration info will be saved locally.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software