miadonis
I haven't been able to view a PDF attachment within theBrain since moving from TB9 to TB10.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

All I see is a dark grey screen where the PDF should be. If I send the PDF as an icon of the thought, whenever I hover my mouse over the icon, then I can see the PDF front page just fine, but not the rest of the document.

I can launch the PDF from within TB10 just fine (which opens in MacOS Preview) so the file is not corrupted. But the PDF is definitely not viewable within theBrain desktop app itself under the external attachments tab/notes viewer.

I'm using MacOS 10.14 Mojave and the Brain v10.0.13.0

Regards,
Matt

MacOS 10.14.1TB 10.0.29

mcaton
Matt,

Thanks for posting and providing the additional details.  We've recently discovered this issue and have replicated in house.  Thank you and we'll keep you posted on a fix.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
Sadly it seems this problem does not originate in changes we made to the software. For those machines that this affects (which is not all), even version 9.0 no longer works to display local PDFs. 
Regards,
-Harlan
miadonis
I fired up my old MacBook Pro (17", 2011) running MacOS 10.12.6 Sierra and can confirm PDFs load properly within theBrain v10.0.13.

Regards,
Matt

MacOS 10.14.1TB 10.0.29

Harlan
Thanks for letting us know. We're not yet sure what causes it. We've seen it happen on macOS El Capitan also so it's not just a Mojave problem either.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Hmm. Well maybe not. Just switched a machine that was working fine on High Sierra to Mojave and the PDF preview stopped working. Will double check on the El Capitan sighting.
Regards,
-Harlan
miadonis
Yeah apparently Apple have previously changed the MacOS PDFKit framework unexpectedly which broke some apps.

Not saying that that's the case here but it could be relevant.

Regards,
Matt

MacOS 10.14.1TB 10.0.29

miadonis
Just installed TB 10.0.16 and PDFs are loading again!

You guys are doing a fantastic job. Thank you 🙂

Regards,
Matt

MacOS 10.14.1TB 10.0.29

mcaton
Thanks for confirming. This issue was also effecting our v10 beta, but was resolved in the 10.0.16 update.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software