igoldsmid
period non functioning of Outlook Contact Drag & Drop

Nothing else to add about it...

IJG

IJG
Harlan

Doesn't work intermittently? Only with particular contacts? Or is there no pattern? If it doesn't work with a contact, are you later able to add that contact? What version of Outlook are you using?

Regards,
-Harlan
NickHowe

I just got the exact same problem.  Was dragging contacts quite happily from OL to PB4.  Had dragged two.  Tried to do the third, and when I let go of the mouse button nothing happens.  Exited PB4 and went back in, same problem.  Will try restarting OL to see if this fixes it.

OL 2003.

I've included the output.log just in case.  I've replaced the real contact details with [contact details here].  It failed with different contacts, but in this output.log it is the same contact every time.  You'll see repeated tries.  None worked.

NickHowe

Very weird - some contacts will drag and drop, but others stubbornly refuse to.  I have found no logical pattern to it.

BHurd
I have not extensively tested it but I think I have notice a small pattern with either the amount of the info in a contact or the size (?)

I had a contact with just a phone number and an email that I dragged and dropped without a problem. I then brought over another one with much more info in it and it would not go. I created a new contact with limited info and it worked fine.

Mind you this was just about 3 or 4 tries and that is what SEEMED to be going on. Once the small one was attatched I could go back in to the contact and add info and clicking the attachment would open up outlook contact without a problem.
Harlan

Nick, can you email me us the full log file unedited? I think that the problem likely lies in the parsing of the contact details in order to create the link to outlook. There may be some character or detail that is preventing it from completing. If not, please look for anything unusual - more fields that other contacts? A very long field name? An unusual character maybe? Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
NickHowe
Just sent you a PM with the output.log
Harlan

NickHowe wrote:
Just sent you a PM with the output.log

I didn't seem to get it Nick. Please try again.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Thanks All,

It looks like this problem happens when the dragged contact does not have an email address. We have fixed this for the next release. Also, the next release will support drag and drop from the "Phone list view" of Outlook also.

Regards,
-Harlan
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan

Harlan wrote:

It looks like this problem happens when the dragged contact does not have an email address. We have fixed this for the next release. Also, the next release will support drag and drop from the "Phone list view" of Outlook also.

4.0.4.2, including the above changes is up now.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software