Moe
Hi All,

This new forum area is for the upcoming release of PersonalBrain 5.5 Beta which I will be posting more details on tomorrow .

Best regards,
Moe

zenrain
Oooh, it's like Christmas eve...

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
grave

Good news!

We are waiting for the beta version

tcahill
140 views and counting.....

(I'm not hovering. Honestly!)

Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
punkmonksf
YUM! 
zenrain
I'm not hovering either...

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
mbaas
Oh, what a nice coincidence to meet you guys!
Anything special going on around here?
grave
Yeah, we waiting Moe and Harlan
Moe
Hello,

As you all know the next major release of PB, 5.5 Beta is just around the corner.  Our engineers have been working around the clock to bring you many new features and fixes in this release. Below, you can find some highlights on a few of the new features that will be available. To keep the surprise to a maximum I have kept the details to a minimum.

Moe’s Top 5 Feature Picks:

1. No more copying and pasting of Thought icons. Now you can capture any
    portion of your screen using a nifty new feature called “Capture Thought Icon”. 
    For those of you who are old fashioned this can still be done using the traditional
    method.

2. If you are tired of using the mouse or Alt key combos to quickly execute menu
    commands, then you are going to love the new keyboard “Accelerator” feature. 
    For example, if you want to quickly see your Brain statistics you can assign an
    accelerator key, i.e. SHIFT+S to File > Utilities > Statistics. Then anywhere in
    your Brain you can press SHIFT+S to quickly see your Brain stats.

3. Another cool feature is “Search for missing files”.  If you have any external
    attachments which have been linked to a Thought then moved to a different
    location on your hard disk, PB will now detect this and offer you the ability to
    search for the missing attachment(s) and re-link it.

4. No more editing the "notes.css" file manually to change the background color, 
    font, font size and text color of the notes. You can now set everything from within
    PB.

5. Those of you who are Outlook users - you will now be able to use the Ctrl key 
    while dragging and dropping an Outlook item into PB to make an internal
    copy of the item.

Here are a few more:

Calender Events:
The Event engine has been completely rewritten and now features.
  • Recurring events
    •   Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and everything in between            
  • Additional fields have been added for
    • Where, Description, Percent Complete.  
  • Reminders are now optional and can be set to occur at a customizable amount of time in advance of the event
Plex:
  • Links retain their assigned colors even when they are highlighted
  • Links are only thickened when highlighted if they are already visible
  • On mouseover of a link, if either of the Thoughts connected by the link is off-screen, it is displayed on-screen while the link is being highlighted.
Export To Folder:
  • File > Export > To Folders exports Thoughts, attachments and notes into a flat or hierarchical set of folders.
Expanded View:
  • The “Expanded” option in the View menu has been replaced with “New Expanded” and “Last Expanded”.
    • New Expanded” maintains the current active Thought and other linked Thoughts and goes into the expanded view.
    • “Last Expanded” returns to the last used expanded view, which is automatically saved when switching from the expanded view to another view.
Outline View:
  • Parents can be expanded, to show grandparents, great-grandparents, and so on, just like children, but in reverse.
  • The expand all and collapse all buttons expand both children and parents.
Improved Reports:
  • Quick pick menu enables generating a report with a single selection
    • The drop downs for Thought type, tags, and attachments have all been consolidated into the “quick pick” menu, which contains all of the same options, but in a easier to understand format.
    • Using the quick pick menu, you can generate a report based on a single Thought type, tag, attachment with just two clicks. The quick pick button also includes a list of “special” reports, such as parentless Thoughts.
    • In the tags section of the quick pick menu, a report for untagged Thoughts has been added.
    • Generate custom reports based on:
      • Multiple tags, whose state can be included, excluded or ignored
      • Multiple Thought types
      • Multiple attachment types
    • Custom reports can be saved and reloaded for later reuse.
Utititlies:
  • The option for searching and replacing attachment locations has been fixed and re-enabled.

These features are just the tip of the iceberg, there are many more ………

Best regards,
Moe
mbaas
Ok Moe, that was nice - now, can we pls. also get Harlan's Top 5? And Matt's! And Shelley's. Any Tracy's. And so on
jroeterd
Wow, looks like a really nice beta/release. My personal favorite is number 5...

Jeroen
gcoulthard
Hmmm... my favorite is number 4! Can't wait to see what else is there -- Glen
chafa
I really like number 2.  I hope that includes the ability to paste special only text.   I think the old theBrain had a short-cut to paste but on the text version.   And I miss that feature every day when I have to do Alt E -> arrow down to the Paste Special  -> and then select only text.    Very annoying
NorthFarm
I'm being very unproductive at the moment - just sitting here and reloading the beta download page every 5 seconds...

Due to the "finance crises"/"finance panic" I have no job at the moment so a new version of PB to test is the best time killer I can imagine right now.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)
grave
Very intriguing! And when the beta version can be downloaded?

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software