Harlan
Stay with me here... Have you backed up your data? Please do so before you proceed.

PersonalBrain 5.5 is a major new release and contains over 5 pages worth of new features and improvements. It is not backward compatible with 5.0, so back up your data. Thank-you.

This is a free upgrade for all 5.0 users.

Here is a very brief list of highlights:
  • Thought spellcheck
  • Autosave of expanded views
  • Smoother animation
  • Faster expanded views
  • Bi-directional outline view (expands parentward also)
  • Recurring events and more powerful calendar
  • Better UI for selecting types and tags
  • Better color selection UI
  • Lots and lots of customizable keyboard commands
  • Copy of messages from Outlook and drag and drop from Apple Mail
  • Export your Brain to a set of folders
  • Capture Thought icon (screen grabber)
  • Way easier and more powerful reports including multiple tag reporting
  • Many UI refinements
  • Additional preferences
  • And much more...
The beta is now available at http://www.thebrain.com/beta

I was going to post the details here for your convenience, but there's too much, exceeding the maximum post length(!). Get the PDF with the complete list of changes here: http://www.thebrain.com/site/personalbrain/download/PB5.5%20Release%20Notes.pdf

Enjoy.

Regards,
-Harlan
Dryopithecus
Finally!!!!

grave

jostber
That's really hot!! Been waiting a little while for this one.
Now looking forward to check out all the new features.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
JohnMR
Looks great - but on my system the calendar refuses to work. I can enter info, but when I click 'Save' nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?

(Also none of my calendar entries from the previous version are showing.)
grave

JohnMR, look here: http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3605345

JohnMR
Thanks, Grave. I'll copy my post there.
Dryopithecus
This version is significantly faster than previous versions on my machine!!

In my main brain (25,000 thoughts 38,000 links), linking/unlinking 10 thoughts used to take nearly 30 seconds, now it takes only 2 seconds!!

kati42
Are there any plans to support tablet ink notes in a 5.x release?  This is the feature that would make me immediately get out my credit card.
Harlan

Ink support is not planned at this time. You can always attach ink documents to Thoughts of course.

Regards,
-Harlan
Kernberg
Sorting of thoughts does not work.
<Arrange thoughts->by name> sorts "g. Test" before "f. Test"  in PB 5.5.0.1.
Anyone else having this problem?

grave

Quote:
This version is significantly faster than previous versions on my machine!!

PB 5.5 significantly faster! The new functionality is perfect. This will be a great release. 

BHurd
Wow, nice job guys.  Looking forward to giving it a workout.  (found a few probs already, will post in "issues").  

Just wanted to say it looks great!

zenrain
Opened my brain today and thought "hmm, it opened in normal - expanded view, that's strange."

Love this feature.

However, quite frankly I'm pretty miffed about the capture thought icon feature. Now I'm going to be adding all kinds of images to my thoughts, and my brain size is going to increase exponentially. Didn't anyone consider all the wasted megabytes of space squandered to prettify our brains? Think of the bytes man, the bytes!

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Darkstar

They probably invested in Western Digital, SanDisk, and other HD and thumb drive makers.

-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software