mctrexler
I have a thought that keeps attaching itself as a pin in webbrain, without any action on our part, and even though I've unpinned it in webbrain.  I can delete it an re-create the thought I guess, but any other suggestions?

Also still having a problem with Type changes not syncing.  I change (or remove) the Type for a specific thought on my desktop, but after syncing the Type is still attached to that thought in webbrain.  And it won't let me change the Type in webbrain, even though it gives me the drop-down menu.  I deleted the entire Type and that carried through after syncing, but shouldn't be necessary.  Again, any suggestions people might have?

Mark

8.0.2   Windows 7.
mctrexler
Very frustrating to not be able to make a thought "untyped" in webbrain.  In Webbrain I can directly change the type of the thought, but can't un-type it.  In my desktop Brain I can change the type of a thought and when I sync it carries through to Webbrain. But when I "untype" the thought on my desktop, the Webbrain doesn't update.  Makes no sense whatsoever. 
pthompson
Mark,

There is an 'untyped' option on WebBrain.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
mctrexler
Patrick, I understand that on Monday morning you're rushing through the forums.  But it's disconcerting when you reply to forums posts in ways that make it clear you didn't actually read the post. 

The problem is that the the "untype" in Webbrain doesn't work!  You can type in Webbrain, you can change Type in Webbrain, but you can't Untype in Webbrain.  And Untyping on the desktop doesn't carry through to Webbrain.  Only deleting the entire Type works to remove a Type from Webbrain. 

I have tested this on multiple Brains having nothing to do with each other. 

Mark
pthompson
Mark,

Thank you for the clarification. I will make sure this is reported.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
mctrexler
WTH is going on with these pins.  Second time today bizarre things have happened.  

1.  My desktop has a set of pins, replicated in the Webbrain

Desktop before sync - Webbrain before and after sync.png 

2.  I sync my desktop to Webbrain (including a couple of minor changes in the text of a couple of pinned thoughts).  This is what my desktop looks like after the sync.  A total scramble of pins that makes no sense at all.  

desktop after webbrain sync.png 

3.  My Webbrain after sync STILL LOOKS CORRECT (top figure).  How can that be?  

4.  So I delete all the pins on the desktop, sync, put the pins back, sync.  Everything back to normal.  But what the heck is causing the pin shuffle???

Mark

Brain 8.02  Java 60.27

mctrexler
Today I changed the font in my Brain, synced to Webbrain, and voila - all my pins were gone and replaced with other pins.  When I had made no pin changes at all.  Interesting that when I told it to remove one of the pins in Webbrain, they all disappeared.   What the heck?
pthompson
Mark,

It sounds like we need to take a closer look. This is definitely not a common occurrence for most users. I have not been able to replicate these issues.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
mctrexler
Patrick any suggestions on what I should keep an eye out for to tell you about, or what I should be documenting?  I can probably replicate the problem with you on the screen, in that I was playing with fonts again yesterday and like clockwork my pins disappeared.  But you never know.  Is this a case where the log file is useful?  Doesn't seem like it would be, but let me know. 

Thanks,

Mark
andreas
Patrick,

It is very common for me. Webbrain always has a refreshingly random distribution of pins. Just not the pins I put into my normal brain. After some synchronisation I typically loose all the initial pins. And then I loose my background and the text settings.
pthompson
If you can outline an exact step-by-step process for how this can be reproduced, it would help tremendously and I can try this on my end but so far all that I have tried has not caused any issues with Pins syncing properly.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
mctrexler
Patrick, back in August I reported that it is impossible to "untype" a thought in Webbrain, even though the software specifically provides that option.  The only way to get rid of a type is to delete the type on the desktop and then sync.   That's not always helpful, since the Types do serve a purpose.  

It's been two months and nothing has changed. Can it not be fixed?

Thanks,

Mark

pthompson
Mark,

It definitely can be fixed. Our engineers are still looking into this, however. We don't have any ETA on this at the moment.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
mctrexler
This bug has not yet been addressed - it's been 6 months.  It's such a basic functionality that it's hard to imagine why it would be hard to fix.  I suspect it's just back burner, but it's so basic that it really should get fixed.

Mark
pthompson
It's been reported as a bug since October of last year and I have mentioned it to our engineers several times since then. As you mentioned, I'm sure it was put on the back burner. I will be sure to bring it to their attention again today. Thanks.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software