dshafrir
I couldn't find a previous thread that references this specifically, but in TB8 I was able to set up a keyboard shortcut to set a thought type or tag. In TB9 all I can find is activating (i.e. filtering) by tags or types. In order to set the thought type, I need to show the thought properties and select the "Type" or "Tag" buttons from the properties window or I have to right-click and go to the sub-menu labelled "Set type" or "Set tag".

Is there any way you could add an accelerator option for setting types and tags in TB9, please? If not, what is the rationale for leaving this one out?

Thanks
Daniel
Harlan
Press [Enter] key to open properties, then press [Cmd/Ctrl] and [Y] for tYpe or [G] for taG.
Regards,
-Harlan
dshafrir
Thanks!
bot__bot
There seems to a smal bug in that if you change the activate tag/type shortcut to anything other than ctrl+y or ctrl+g, typing the shortcut will no longer set thought type/tag in the edit window
mcaton
Bot,

Thanks for posting.  I was able to successfully assign a Thought Tag after re-associating the tag's keyboard shortcut with CTRL+H.  What did you use for your new shortcut?  I'll test with the same scenario.

Thanks,
Matt
bot__bot
Thanks Matt. The problem's solved. Long story short: At the time I mapped ctrl+q to activate type and ctrl+w to active tag, through the options dialog. Since I was experiencing issues, I ended up using the Autohotkey approach (kept the native shortcuts and externally map ctrl+q to ctrl+y, ctrl+w to ctrl+g). Having read your post however I went back to test the native remapping approach again, and it worked! I have no idea why I was experiencing those issues at the time. It's possible it was some issues on my system or the update I installed a few days ago somehow fixed it.
mcaton
Bot,

Glad to hear and thank you for the follow up!

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software