ruudhein
I have TB open every day, all day (24/7 mostly). 

Since .22 it happens with some regularity that the whole program is responsive, except the plex. You can click, but nothing happens. No on-hover information. 

Windows 10
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.23.0
Harlan
Thanks for reporting. Are you able to make it go back to normal without restarting?

Please take a screenshot when you next notice this and send it to us (please show the entire window so we can see everything).

Take a look at the search box. Try typing something there. Are results displayed? Can you click them? Does the plex go back to normal after completing a search?
Regards,
-Harlan
ruudhein
This morning it was the whole program that locked up. I've sent the log file to support (request #65105).

As for your questions:

Quote:
Are you able to make it go back to normal without restarting?

No. Need to close the app but I can do that by clicking the X: no need to force the app closed through task manager.

Quote:
Take a look at the search box. Try typing something there. Are results displayed? Can you click them? Does the plex go back to normal after completing a search?

Will try that when it happens.

When the plex was unresponsive, I can click to my other brain tabs. There is no (not responding) message in the status bar.
metta
TB10.0.23 just now froze during routine use. Couldn't access any aspect of the interface. Had to close manually using my Win7 Task Manager.

Will open another new help desk ticket and share my output log.
mcaton
A copy of an Output.log after the freeze would be very helpful.  Be sure to reference this forum thread in your message (9896067)

Thank you,
Matt
metta
Based on your help desk feedback, Matt, I'll be testing my brain preference settings to see if any of the changes we discussed will make a difference in terms of the freezes that have been occurring.

Update to follow once I have more feedback to share.

In the meantime, thanks again for your help troubleshooting these issues.
ruudhein
Quote:
Please take a screenshot when you next notice this and send it to us (please show the entire window so we can see everything).

Emailed to support request #65189

Quote:
Take a look at the search box. Try typing something there.

Works

Quote:
Are results displayed?

Yes

Quote:
Can you click them?

Yes, and the plex updates with the clicked results

Quote:
Does the plex go back to normal after completing a search?

No. No on-hover action. Unable to click navigate. But I can navigate using the keyboard

Added: this happened in .22 and today in .23
Kriggel23
10.0.24 - renamed thought, freeze:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-01 um 15.58.25.png 

btw.: this version is really slow, and not responding, e.g. search field, new thought name field.

[update 16:07] Just tried to rename a thought, and got an error, once again:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-01 um 16.06.49.png 
The rename thought function did not work ...

[update 16:18] Just tried to assign a type to an untyped thought. Guess what...
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-01 um 16.17.53.png 

Oh dear, 10.0.24 should be a productive version? Nah, seriously, this can't be true...

Christian
ruudhein
Application was open. Came back to computer; application was frozen.

Output log sent to #65105
mcaton
Thank you for the log file deliveries.  We'll forward to engineering for further review.

Matt
metta

Just now updated to version .25 on my notebook computer -- and, after testing the new "hidden thought type" feature, TB spontaneously locked up (complete freeze).

Had to close TB manually using the Windows task manager.

Output log shared in Help Desk Ticket #65214

mcaton
The issue of the plex freezing has been repaired in a new build (version 10.0.26) which is now available on the alpha channel. This new build will soon be available for all users on all channels.

The Alpha channel contains frequent updates and provides access to the very latest versions. It is the recommended channel if you have an urgent need for a fix that is not yet available on the Stable channel and do not mind frequent updates.

To get on the Alpha channel:

Windows: Go to Options > Preferences > System > Updates, and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to Help > Check for Update, and install the update.

macOS: Go to TheBrain > Preferences > System > Updates and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to TheBrain > Check for Update, and install the update.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software