BrentK
I've enabled 'sync this brain automatically', and since then every time the 'sync complete' message appears the plex becomes unusable (i.e., I can't move to another thought).  This lasts for about 15 seconds, and clears once the 'sync complete' message closes.

Edit: Actually it's not just the plex that hangs, it's everything.

Brent

pthompson
Brent,

Does this also occur if you manually sync. I have tested both methods and have not been able to reproduce this. What version of Java are you using?

Regards,
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
BrentK
Patrick, I do experience a similar condition when using the manual process.  But I thought it was normal for TB not to respond because a message window ('synchronizing changes with webbrain') remains in front of TB until the sync completes.  When that window closes, which is several seconds after the 'sync complete' message appears and disappears, TB's responsiveness returns to normal.

My java version is 1.6.0_31.

Brent

pthompson
Brent,

This message dialog can be closed. You will then see a notification that syncing will continue in the background.

Regards,
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
BrentK
I just did another test of the manual sync process, and this time I closed the message dialog.  The sync continued in the background, and when it finished (and displayed the sync complete message) I experienced the 'hang' condition.  So the same condition occurs regardless of which sync process I use.

Brent

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software