Steeph
Hi

Everytime PB5 is started the Plex view is reset to some default setting.
I have all my Notes, Details, Attachment tabs etc to the far right of my PB window.

Now everytime PB5 is started all those tabs are at the bottom of the window again.
The worst thing is, if i start PB4 after that, the window settings for PB4 are reset aswell. This seems to indicate that settings are shared between PB4 and 5 which is big NO NO.

Settings should be copied from any older version and from then on be seperate.

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
hherbzilla
Same problem here. The Tools Layout won't stay set... it keeps reverting to the default layout.

The other major problem, as noted in another thread, is that the index needs to be rebuilt every time I restart PB.

At this point, I need to reinstall 4.5 and wait for some fixes to v5 beta.

Herb
NorthFarm
Hi.

My plex setup is also back to default every time i restart PersonalBrain.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)
jostber
Same happens to me.

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

NorthFarm

Fixed in 5.0.0.5 Beta

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)
Mandox
Sorry, but I just installed the 5.0.0.5 version and the tools section still resets when you hide and show it again.
In my case, the position of the notes and Properties sections switches back (I use three sections next to each other at the bottom of the PB screen: properties, notes, and everything else)

BHurd
I don't notice the tools layout reset, but then I have them all collapsed on the side..  I do however, notice that the last active thought is forgotten and the history is forgotten when pb is shut down and restarted.  I thought that all was supposed to be retained.
jostber
It works in 5005 on Linux.
TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

hherbzilla
I'm still having an issue... but only with the calendar layout. It "collapses" every time I close and restart PB, as shown below.
Click image for larger version - Name: calendar_format.gif, Views: 242, Size: 20.51 KB
Herb
Steeph
This is back in 5.0.0.9 beta

I'm still using PB4 as my main Brain, that might be the cause.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Harlan
If you open PB4, the window properties will be reset next time you open PB5. This is due to the different number of tabs in PB5 and will stop happening once you stop using PB4.
Regards,
-Harlan
hherbzilla
I continue to have this problem despite NOT opening up PB4.

Click image for larger version - Name: PBcalendar1-4-2009_1-47-54_PM.gif, Views: 193, Size: 20.38 KB
Herb
Harlan
The location of the splitter in the calendar window is not saved at this time.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software