PaddyVA

I searched for a brain on politics, but finding none anywhere, I decided to start my own.  It's just a start, but I'll add to it and share it again later when I've added more.  If anyone else has one to share, please post here.  Thanks.

ShelleyHayduk
Paddy,

This is a interesting start with a good topic level category structure. Have you developed this further. With the US Elections coming up it might be interesting to do a Brain that covers this also.

I have created a GlobalBrain as a intelligence example that I can show you offline if you are interested...
Shelley
PaddyVA
Yes, great, Shelley, I'd love to see your Global Brain.  I just sent you an email.  No, I haven't developed the Politics brain further at this time.  I hoped more people might show an interest, and that would encourage me to do so.

Paddy
ShelleyHayduk
This Brain has mapping of all the US presidents, the history of World War II, mapping of some of the political spectrum and a bit on mixed economics for those of you interested in political science.

Let me know if you make any interesting additions that I should add to mine...

-Shelley
Shelley
punkmonksf
Hi Shelley:

Is you brain ready for 4.2.x? It won't seem to open on mine. I am interested in what you've got.

Cheers,
Karekin
PaddyVA
I just opened Shelley's Teaching Brain in 4.3.06 without any problems.

Thanks for sharing the politics/economics brain, Shelley.

I've been really tied up the last two months, and just found your post tonight, and took a quick look.

Would be interesting to merge this brain with my previously posted politics brain.  I'll give it a try later.

As the November election draws closer, maybe I'll get inspired again to add to these.

I wonder if Obama's or McCain's campaigns use PB or something similar to keep track of all the issues, and the claims and counter claims.  Must be a huge information management challenge, particularly with the time pressures to keep uptodate and to respond instantly to ads, speeches, etc.

Anybody know how they do it?

The ability to be networked, and allow multiple simultaneous users would be a key requirement.  That would require the Enterprise Brain version.

I'm still hoping that a easy linkage between MS OneNote and PB will be developed, as OneNote is my main "clipping" application for information from the web and emails that I want to organize and find quickly.

Pat
mcaton
Karekin,

A few tips for opening BrainZips.

First, make sure the file is still named *.brainzip once you have it saved locally.  Some email programs (Outlook!) and download assistants may rename the file to *.zip.  If this is the case, just manually rename the file extension.

Next, open the PersonalBrain application first.  Click on FILE and select OPEN BRAIN...  Navigate to the desired BrainZip file and follow the on screen instructions for extracting.  Do not try to open the .brainzip file with a WinZip type utility.

Hope this helps.  Keep us posted.

Thanks,
Matt
ShelleyHayduk
This is TheBrain I presented in our Webinar this week. (Recording to be posted next week...)

We live in an interdependent world and we are all connected. This Brain simply scratches the surface of US culture, economics and history. The rest is for you to add or change.

If you make any new connections that you would like to share or have any questions, please let me know

I hope you enjoy browsing through it.

Shelley
punkmonksf
Love the United States Politics brain. But while trying to either merge or copy thoughts from it into my brain I get an "invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence" error.

Any idea why this might happen?

Karekin
Harlan
Are you using 4.1 or 4.5? They each handle the merge and copy functions quite differently.
Regards,
-Harlan
punkmonksf
I'm using 4.5.0.5. I have tried it with two different brains and get the same error message. The first time I tried to import the "United States Politics" brain from Shelly in v. 4.5.0.4. The second time tried two different brains and had the same result. A third, the sample "Travel" brain from this forum imported without issue. The difference between that brain and the other two is that the other two had attachments.

Karekin

Harlan
Thanks for the info. We'll try and replicate the problem here.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
This issue has been fixed for the next release. In the meantime, I think you will be able to successfully import the US Politics Brain if you delete and retype the "dash" in the Thought "African-American Civil Rights Movement (1955–1968)". Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software