tekeek
Is there any chance for a portable version?
mkmuc
Yes. Just install it into your stick.
tekeek
So all files that PersonalBrain requires are with in the directory? It does not store any info in registry (like registration info for those who have pro version)?
mkmuc
All needed files are in the directory, registration data too.

For more informations see here:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=2677945

newguy
There appears to be no good option to run version 9 portably. I installed to a thumb drive & it does NOT work on my work machine (version 8 works pretty well, but of late, seems to be lagging in the indexing department - even with re-initiating the search index.

In my conversations with Matt, I get the impression that they are only considering the portability of iOS or Android device apps. Unfortunately, that apparently leaves users who work with PII on a work computer no good option other than staying with v8 & not getting the benefit of the latest version...I hope that this won't be the end of the story.
Brigitte
It is possible to install and use TheBrain 9 from a USB Drive. If you are still having issues, please contact us at support@thebrain.com.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software