jsampson45
The error message "TheBrain was unable to initialize a preview for this file" appears when I click on "Preview". The file linked to is a DOCX file made with Microsoft Word 365 on the same computer as TheBrain. I assume that that is the file "this file" means. I am running the current (Jan 2018) beta version of TheBrain on Windows 7 Home Premium. What should "Preview" do? I see that there was a thread here in 2016 on this type of error but it is now closed.
mcaton
John,

You should be seeing a preview of your document in the content window.  Do other file types (such as .xls files) preview OK? We are aware that the preview button is not working in all environments and we'll continue to improve the preview feature in the future.

Thank you,
Matt 
UKBrain
I have the same problem - can not preview xlsx, xlsm, docx.  Is this a general or local issue, please help?
rtimmer
The only file type that shows in preview is PDF. All MS office files generate an error message.
vmilhoan
I see this as well, PDFs always preview correctly. Office documents only occasionally preview correctly. When they don't, I see the "unable to initialize" message. When office documents do correctly show, they are never in the content window.
mcaton
Thank you for the updates. We are aware that the preview functionality is still not operational in all environments and we still have this documented for further review.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software