JasperToo
This feature does not seem to be working well for me.  When I first started trying out version 9 the Adobe preview would give the reader but no content.  After a recent start, it doesn't even give me the reader and there is no attachment badge with a preview button either. 

Excel give the badge and button but is unable to create the view.  Word gives the badge and button and creates a nice preview.  Media files (psd, jpg, etc) give an immediate preview without clicking a button.

Anyone know what I might do to get this fixed or is this a bug issue that needs actual engineering.

I am running w7pro....
mcaton
We recently fixed an issue where PDFs with special characters in their file name were not previewing properly.  Also, the "unable to initiate a preview" error is something that was showing up in earlier versions of TheBrain 9.  Are you running the current 9.0.144 build? If so, I'd be interested in testing a copy of one of your PDF and XLS files.

Thank you,
Matt
JasperToo
So I clicked check for updates and it says that the current version is installed but when I check the version it is 9.0143. going to website and downloading... get back to you after testing.
JasperToo
Seems that the current link on the website is still 9.143...help???
zenrain
Go to Preferences > System and change Update channel to Alpha to test 9.0.147.
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.172
pthompson
Please keep in mind that the Alpha channel has the potential of being more "unstable". If you prefer code that has been tested longer and is mostly more reliable, I would recommend staying on the Stable channel.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
JasperToo
Him, am I missing something??? I'm evaluating the BETA.. is that not the (relatively)  stable channel???
pthompson
Beta is also a separate channel and more stable than Alpha.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
JasperToo
On the latest version (9.0.147 - ? ) and still having issues with the PDF preview not working.  Specifically the error is: PDF.js v1.4.20 (build: b15f335) Message: stream must have data..

Any ideas folks
pthompson
Barry,

Is this only happening with one specific PDF? Have you tried others? If it's only one PDF can you share that PDF with us and/or a screenshot of what you are seeing?
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
JasperToo
Patrick it seems that it is machine specific.  I have 9b on my laptop and everything seems to work fine.  But on my work desktop it does not.  I am running Adobe CS on the laptop but a stand alone Adobe X Standard.

Any suggestions on what I should do to fix it?
mcaton
I would recommend a quick visit to the Adobe Acrobat Reader page to make sure you have the latest/greatest: https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Thanks,
Matt
JasperToo
Actually it makes me wonder if I don't need acrobat READER in order for the brain to do its thing rather than the full version of the program???
JasperToo
Updated Java, Updated Acrobat (actually installed reader just to see what happened).  No luck, still getting the error mentioned above....

Other ideas? 
mcaton
Barry,

I've documented this error for further review by our developers.  Could you please include a copy of your Output.log file after trying to view a PDF? A screenshot of the content window would also be helpful.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software