mcgilh
PB V-4207
When I create a new brain, the add attachment window pops open. and open . and open. Then I can't work on my brain. It keeps stopping Brain from working by opening more windows. I tried adding a MS Word doc, and, Word docs kept opening and opening. Only way to stop is to task manage and close Word, then go into my documents, and delete the new brain file.

I thought YIKES and then my blood ran cold!

PS. I have succession of print-screens in outlook message I can send.

mcaton
mcgilh,

Yikes is right!  Did this just recently start happening, or is this happening on a new install?  Could you please duplicate the error and then send me a copy of your output.log file?  This is typically located at Program Files/PersonalBrain/output.log.  You may post here or send it directly to matt@thebrain.com.

Thank you,
Matt
mcgilh
It is now happening to my main brain, not just after creating a new one. I have sent Matt the output log file. I can not use my Brain at all, now.
asexymind
Forgive the duplication, but here is the workaround I used for this, and which I posted to a different post...
--
After trying everything I could think of, I deleted the brain and went to a back up version from the day before. It opened on my home thought and worked fine. I thought everything was cool, until I went back to that problem thought a couple days later.  Again, same pattern. And I was basically locked out of my brain. Only this time, I had done a bunch of work since my nightly backup that I didn't want to lose.

My fix was that when I went back to the brain, I first attached a word document like before.  Then, when I clicked back on the brain window, I held down my left mouse button.  This brought up the brain window without causing the attachment to open.  However, as soon as I released the mouse button, it opened the word document. So I clicked back, holding down the mouse button, and then moved my mouse over the problem thought.  Then, like Indiana Jones swapping out the bag of sand for the gold voodoo head in "Raiders," I...

1) let go of the mouse button
2) clicked the shift key
3) right clicked the thought

it took a couple tries, but when I did it fast and coordinated enough, it brought up the contextual menu, and since I "shift-right click"ed it, the delete option was available, and I took it.  Now the brain seems to be working fine.

Hope this helps!

--
Mark Michael Lewis | The Profitability Coach
http://GameOfThriving.com | Mark@TheThriveCoach.com
mcaton
We're taking a closer look at this issue.  In the mean time, you can also try:

Open PersonalBrain (one that does not have the troubled pop up window) and click on OPTIONS > PREFERENCES. 

Uncheck the box for CLICK ACTIVE THOUGHT TO OPEN/CREATE. This is located in "General" section at the very top.

Thank you,

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software