rengel
When an open brain is sitting idle for a couple of minutes the syncing icon in the toolbar is animated. What does this mean? Is the brain synced in the background? If so, how can I prevent this? I don't want to sync the brain with the server.

animated_icon.png 
Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0 and 10.0.25.0. WIN 10

Quality is the result of the attention paid to details.
Harlan
Your screenshot doesn’t show everything so I can’t tell but there is an icon next to your Brain name on the left side of the tab that shows whether your brain is synced with the server or is local only. A local only brain shows a computer icon. 

The animation indicates something is syncing in the background. It could be the brainbox (which is always synced) or one of your other brains. If the current brain were syncing you would see messages in the notification area. 
Regards,
-Harlan
rengel
@Harlan
Thanks! I do have an computer icon on left side of my Brain's name. So it is local only.

Still, this animated icon is somehow irritating; I haven't put anything into the BrainBox. Is there a way to disable the BrainBox completely? I don't use/need it, because I'm perfectly fine with the corresponding functionality that existed in previous versions.
Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0 and 10.0.25.0. WIN 10

Quality is the result of the attention paid to details.
metta
Question for Harlan:
> Doesn't this indicator also run when TB is simply checking for changes in the web client, even though a sync has not actually been initiated?

I always have manual syncing turned off, but I nearly always saw this running when I opened TB before the BrainBox ever existed.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software